Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

And what would an update be without some new parts when you have nothing to do but sit about in between work, buying car parts online is my biggest problem..

Since Im going to be running the Horsham developments stage 2 chip with the mods Paul suggested a fuel regulator might be worth getting so I went and ordered a nice TOMEI one with a guage! Looked at eBay looked at cheap ones but in the end JDM points prevailed

Also while I was in a BUY EVERYTHING made because of payday I also ordered a Shiney oil catch can
    CUSCO!! My dad ran one on his CA s13 missile car so thought what's the harm

NOW!! Onto the first exterior modification I have bought (definetly more too come )
    A mint set of KOUKI lights for the rear thanks to Tom o'hare

I have also ordered these! They are supposed to be a plug and play adapter kit for kouki lights. Hopefully they work and I won't have to butcher my wiring

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

nice one! nice parts list too.

Status
    User ID

Really cool write up and a great read progress is coming along nicely

Quote Originally Posted by LarZ View Post
    nice one! nice parts list too.
    Thanks! Hopefully more parts to come soon

Quote Originally Posted by timmy395 View Post
    Really cool write up and a great read progress is coming along nicely
    Cheers man!

This is just a little update just to you what stage the car is. Last time you seen it, it was with Paul Scullion at PJS Auto engineering http://pjsautoengineering.co.uk/ getting is stage two. I can happily say that it is now finished and mot’d for another year. I can't thank paul enough the work he has done has been second to none!

I am really happy with the way the car has turned out! The work is top quality and better than what I could have done! First of all the cage, since its my road car I wanted it put in as suttle as possible and he done well!

Also got my Greddy boost controller and placed it just above the steering wheel so I could see it easily. Got the idea from Danny Isabell in his laurel.

And got myself a Broadway mirror because JDM

Here are a few pictures of the parts fitted to the car and where they got positioned
    Tomei fuel pressure regulator cusco strut brace and cusco catch tank looking very shiney

My manifold has gone the nice gold colour before it discolours.

Also before the turbo, manifold and elbow went on all the surfaces where skimmed to make sure the perfect seal would be made. this will hopefully mean i wont have to replace gaskets as much. All new gaskets where fitted aswell

The front bumper has been cut around the intercooler to keep it looking ‘’stock’’

A few things I forgot to mention was that I got the wiring loom that is near the manifold and turbo moved out of the way from the heat. The reason I got this done was because my dad had issues with his melting so I thought preventative maintenance is better than rectification.

This corner of the engine bay is looking pretty clean atm with the ABS fully removed. Paul from PJS has a great attention to detail and made it as clean and factory looking as possible. This was my first car with ABS and I didn’t like it at all specially in a drift car.

If you have read my thread you will realise that my right hand rear quarter to a bit of a hit when my tyre exploded in a spectacular fashion. That is all repaired now. Paul welded up the rear quarter smoothed it all down and sprayed it so she is all straight again… FOR NOW haha

Was really happy with the kouki lights but had to do somting about the lower panel so went to my local halfrauds and got paint mixed up. Match was okay going to try sand it down and get a better match but for now it looks good.

Since I got the car mot’d in northern Ireland it failed on the welded diff so had to buy an open diff to get it threw the mot. All this hassle just to keep it on the street… makes me think I would have been better buying a track car and jeep and trailer.
    NOW this is the really cool part! Since I was driving about with a one wheel spinner and my birthday is coming up my dad went away and came back with a kaaz 2-way diff! so early birthday/Christmas present for me! Can’t thank him enough! That is getting fitted this week then next week booking the track for some skids.

If your in northern ireland and need any work done I cant recommend Paul Scullion at http://pjsautoengineering.co.uk/ enough he has built some serious drift cars, race cars and rally cars. he is a one stop shop for everything you could want or need

Status
    User ID

Looking good dude. Ha wish my dad would be buying me a 2way for my birthday. Keep it goin

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Love this- great progress

Another update!
    I got the 2-way built up into a spare casing we had then attempted my first diff change. Had my dad’s help at the back of the house so got it up on axel stands and started to try and get it out and 3 hours later it was in. went a test drive and car felt great new power and new diff. I don’t know if it’s just me but the 2-way seems easier to slide with than the welded but who knows. Gave the diff casing a lick of paint. SHINEY!!!

After the test drive then it was time to book the track, get tyres and finally have some fun. Got the car all loaded up the night before. Checked fluids and done a nut and bolt check.

[/url]

Finally the day came and we got to the track! Didn’t take many pictures or videos. The new power makes such a difference and it was great jumping from my car to my dads! Over 400bhp is amazing fun to drive!

Screenshot of my dad

Put the Gopro in my dad’s car and he followed me got some great footage not bad for 3rd drift day

Cannot wait to destroy some tyres again!
    Now this is a very exciting bit of news for me! While up at local fibreglass/bodykit man Mario’s place he said he knew where a kouki bumper was so I had to have it! Thanks to him I now own a genuine plastic kouki front bumper and lip!

Status
    User ID

Very nice indeed