PDA

View Full Version : wheel refurbishment

git
27-05-10, 12:33
Wheel refurbishment ! anyone reccomend anybody ,want the equips dish polished up and center's done again and straightened out if any kinks,kerbing etc etc

to put it an easy way i want my wheels looking shiny again :D
and also what prices have yous payed ?

sound !

Wolftown
27-05-10, 12:40
Wheel refurbishment ! anyone reccomend anybody ,want the equips dish polished up and center's done again and straightened out if any kinks,kerbing etc etc

to put it an easy way i want my wheels looking shiny again :D
and also what prices have yous payed ?

sound !

If you just want to make the dish shiney again, give them a thourough wet sanding with super fine sanding sponge and apply autosol polish when done (if you still have arms, the sanding is a pain)

insejn
27-05-10, 12:40
proparts do it afaik mate

git
27-05-10, 12:43
If you just want to make the dish shiney again, give them a thourough wet sanding with super fine sanding sponge and apply autosol polish when done (if you still have arms, the sanding is a pain)

really dude!! well im pretty much a stone mason by trade so that wont be a problem ha ! just working with metal i was afraid of burning discolouration etc etc !!! do you have a quick step by step for me regarding grade of paper and what to start with ?
thanks

git
27-05-10, 12:43
proparts do it afaik mate

im likin wolftowns idea padear dude ,but thanks !

Wolftown
27-05-10, 12:59
I got 4 sanding sponges from Halfords, super fine and ultra fine (think one is 180 and the other 220 or something like that) They are about 5mm thick and cost around 4 euro a pair.

Did each wheel individually. Firstly just a good clean down with any suitable cleaning product or just water. Then used the super fine sponge to continuously sand the entire dish of the wheel. You'll want a bucket of water or something to hand to rinse the sponge/wheel from time to time. Once your happy all the marks/blemishes are gone move onto the ultra fine sponge and repeat the process until you have perfectly clean, even surface.

Again, make sure the entire dish is spotless, then its just a matter of polishing the shit outta them with autosol, the longer you spend polishing the better the shine.

So basically all you need is 2x superfine sanding sponges, 2x ultrafine sanding sponge, bucket of water, autosol, time and patience:D

git
27-05-10, 22:59
I got 4 sanding sponges from Halfords, super fine and ultra fine (think one is 180 and the other 220 or something like that) They are about 5mm thick and cost around 4 euro a pair.

Did each wheel individually. Firstly just a good clean down with any suitable cleaning product or just water. Then used the super fine sponge to continuously sand the entire dish of the wheel. You'll want a bucket of water or something to hand to rinse the sponge/wheel from time to time. Once your happy all the marks/blemishes are gone move onto the ultra fine sponge and repeat the process until you have perfectly clean, even surface.

Again, make sure the entire dish is spotless, then its just a matter of polishing the shit outta them with autosol, the longer you spend polishing the better the shine.

So basically all you need is 2x superfine sanding sponges, 2x ultrafine sanding sponge, bucket of water, autosol, time and patience:D

thanks dude much appreciated soon as the donkey is mapped and bck on the road ill spend some saturday and do that !!! thanks !!

davemc-s13
27-05-10, 23:02
the wheel doctor iv heard hes very good...

tink hes down the waterford direction correct me if wrong

k1984w
27-05-10, 23:28
whell doc is good but you ll pay bout 380 to get the 4 done + think there s a big waiting list now so get wet sanding:D

git
28-05-10, 11:55
whell doc is good but you ll pay bout 380 to get the 4 done + think there s a big waiting list now so get wet sanding:D

defo chief , knew all that wankn would come to use :D

tincan16v
01-06-10, 10:55
I could sort ya too, have a look ere....
http://www.driftireland.com/showthread.php?t=4046&highlight=refurb

A1.DRIFTER
01-06-10, 11:23
geting the same don to mine by the wheeldoctor at the moment,hes ment 2 be good??

git
01-06-10, 12:05
geting the same don to mine by the wheeldoctor at the moment,hes ment 2 be good??

how much ya paying dude and what ya getting done ,pm if thats best !

Conor sr_20
01-06-10, 12:36
Be carefull doin this git i fucked up my two rear wheels doin this...:(
Went through the aluminium..:eek:
Doesn't look the best now:rolleyes:

git
01-06-10, 12:37

thats what im gona end up doing !!! :rolleyes:

tincan16v
01-06-10, 14:36

How ya mean went threough the aluminium? Give me a ring if ya want and i'l try help ya out.