Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chris Martina
    Status
    User ID

Default wheel refurbishment

Wheel refurbishment ! anyone reccomend anybody ,want the equips dish polished up and center's done again and straightened out if any kinks,kerbing etc etc

to put it an easy way i want my wheels looking shiny again
    and also what prices have yous payed ?

sound !

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by git View Post
    Wheel refurbishment ! anyone reccomend anybody ,want the equips dish polished up and center's done again and straightened out if any kinks,kerbing etc etc

to put it an easy way i want my wheels looking shiny again
    and also what prices have yous payed ?

sound !
    If you just want to make the dish shiney again, give them a thourough wet sanding with super fine sanding sponge and apply autosol polish when done (if you still have arms, the sanding is a pain)

Status
    User ID

proparts do it afaik mate

Chris Martina
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Wolftown View Post
    If you just want to make the dish shiney again, give them a thourough wet sanding with super fine sanding sponge and apply autosol polish when done (if you still have arms, the sanding is a pain)
    really dude!! well im pretty much a stone mason by trade so that wont be a problem ha ! just working with metal i was afraid of burning discolouration etc etc !!! do you have a quick step by step for me regarding grade of paper and what to start with ?
    thanks

Chris Martina
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by insejn View Post
    proparts do it afaik mate
    im likin wolftowns idea padear dude ,but thanks !

di Member
    Status
    User ID

I got 4 sanding sponges from Halfords, super fine and ultra fine (think one is 180 and the other 220 or something like that) They are about 5mm thick and cost around 4 euro a pair.

Did each wheel individually. Firstly just a good clean down with any suitable cleaning product or just water. Then used the super fine sponge to continuously sand the entire dish of the wheel. You'll want a bucket of water or something to hand to rinse the sponge/wheel from time to time. Once your happy all the marks/blemishes are gone move onto the ultra fine sponge and repeat the process until you have perfectly clean, even surface.

Again, make sure the entire dish is spotless, then its just a matter of polishing the shit outta them with autosol, the longer you spend polishing the better the shine.

So basically all you need is 2x superfine sanding sponges, 2x ultrafine sanding sponge, bucket of water, autosol, time and patience

Chris Martina
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Wolftown View Post
    I got 4 sanding sponges from Halfords, super fine and ultra fine (think one is 180 and the other 220 or something like that) They are about 5mm thick and cost around 4 euro a pair.

Did each wheel individually. Firstly just a good clean down with any suitable cleaning product or just water. Then used the super fine sponge to continuously sand the entire dish of the wheel. You'll want a bucket of water or something to hand to rinse the sponge/wheel from time to time. Once your happy all the marks/blemishes are gone move onto the ultra fine sponge and repeat the process until you have perfectly clean, even surface.

Again, make sure the entire dish is spotless, then its just a matter of polishing the shit outta them with autosol, the longer you spend polishing the better the shine.

So basically all you need is 2x superfine sanding sponges, 2x ultrafine sanding sponge, bucket of water, autosol, time and patience
    thanks dude much appreciated soon as the donkey is mapped and bck on the road ill spend some saturday and do that !!! thanks !!

di Member
    Status
    User ID

the wheel doctor iv heard hes very good...

tink hes down the waterford direction correct me if wrong

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

whell doc is good but you ll pay bout 380 to get the 4 done + think there s a big waiting list now so get wet sanding

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Chris Martina
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by k1984w View Post
    whell doc is good but you ll pay bout 380 to get the 4 done + think there s a big waiting list now so get wet sanding
    defo chief , knew all that wankn would come to use