PDA

View Full Version : IDC regs for newly built car...

Brendanfd3s
04-11-13, 01:23
I've read over regs old and new, read over forum posts from this site and others, and there seems to be a lot of head scratching going on regarding to whether or not the bulk head can r cannot be modified in a new build???
(By modified obviously I mean a section cut out to allow the engine be mounted further back and remoulded and welded back up with mild steel)
Getting all the bits together for a nice build and really want a solid answer on this before I chop something il regret!!!

danmoorhead
04-11-13, 09:55
The engine can not be moved back anymore!!

Brendanfd3s
04-11-13, 20:06
Massive disadvantage to us so. What a joke. I'd feel sorry for anyone who has a build half done and not logged before

Spartacus
04-11-13, 21:25
The rule has been in effect for a while, so if someone has done it recently they really should have done more research.

Cooldrft
04-11-13, 21:45
Massive disadvantage to us so. What a joke. I'd feel sorry for anyone who has a build half done and not logged before

There is no disadvantage to anyone building a new car.
All cars have to comply with the rules.
There's no point reading old rules :confused:
The current IDC rules are : http://www.archweb.ie/kieran/Irish%20Drift%20Championship%20Rules%20&%20Regulations%202013%20%282%29.pdf

Brendanfd3s
07-11-13, 18:35
Aaaah so the tunnel can be modified just not the bulkhead!! My bad. Can anyone tell me if I did the same little alteration to the front of my rx7 as James Deane has done to alloy the engine sit nicely will it pass scrutiny?

cianis200
18-11-13, 20:31
did i hear that if you have made a engine swap the flywheel cant be moved past the bulkhead??