Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 32 skyline

di Member
    Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Turbobudz View Post
    Looks class. I had a similar front bumper on my r32 and looked the job. Looking forward to seeing it sprayed up
    You and me both man haha i wasnt sure about the bumper searched around for a gtst one and coulnt get one think im goin to cut the bonnet to a gtr style aswell think it makes it look abit better again

di Member
    Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

So yet another update gettin down to the final bit of the prep work now bought an arch roller for a steal on ebay and started rollin the arches was actually harder then u would think but anyway that revealed abit of sneaky rust

So got some rust remady and sealed up the arches then cleaned and shulzed under the arches

So then i went about making my own arch extensions to realise later on that it didnt work

Started taping

Delivery

So still waiting on a few other bits also black housing the headlights but forgot to get pictures

di Member
    Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Gettin it ready for the nct now cuz weather is to cold for paint so just primed it and put it all together

Status
    User ID

Wow fair play to ya for doing all the work! Skyline looks sweet !!! <3 by the way is this BN kit?

凸(-_-)凸 TOMBOY 凸(-_-)凸

Status
    User ID

Looks very well,even in the primer fair play,some work, respect.I love R32's nd great to see1 being looked after right. But since she is goin for paint would ya not think of blending the bonnet vent a bit.No disrespect intended unless tis the look ya wanted

di Member
    Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thetangerine View Post
    Looks very well,even in the primer fair play,some work, respect.I love R32's nd great to see1 being looked after right. But since she is goin for paint would ya not think of blending the bonnet vent a bit.No disrespect intended unless tis the look ya wanted
    Theres another peace to add yet it will all make sense soon enuff thanks for the comments

di Member
    Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noiseMaker_ View Post
    Wow fair play to ya for doing all the work! Skyline looks sweet !!! <3 by the way is this BN kit?
    No vertex front bumper and then just the regular gtst skirts and spats

di Member
    Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the comments lads

di Member
    Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Right so bit of an update got the car threw the test finally

So tried on the new wheels still waitin on the other 2 wheels

Picked up a cheapo nardi to tie me over for a few weeks

Got tires ended up goin 235/45/17 but i reckon you will get 225/40/17 on not a bother

Offered up the fenders goin to need some space

So made some space

And seaked confidence in one of the lads that is a fabricator im not the best of a welder so

So just waiting on front wheels the will begin the strip down to get ready for paint

di Member
    Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Ok so havent updated this in ages things have not been going so well
    Got it painted

Wasnt happy with the finish so started again

So already to go again

So this time came out abit better not perfect but sure it was painted in a shed wit no door

So put it all back together and i questioned weather i went the right route with bolt on arches but later started to like them

Quick pic of it all together without all the wheels

So wheels arrived thanks to the lads in jdm distro and automatically started masking them up for dave to do abit of airbrushing
    So finished result have to say dave is some man with that airbrush the spokes are done so well it looks like factory paint

So of course things were going to well
    I then went about fitting the wheels and well they dont fit having some clearence issues with the skirts and wings and also the coilovers
    So this left me with a big problem so me being me 2 steps forward 1 step back i made an order from driftworks for front japspeed offset tension rods to try pull the wheels forward in the arch spacers all round driftworks rear toe rods and a solid steering colume bush nothing wrong with old rubber one but iv heard these make a nice difference to the steering so thats it for now just wainting on parts now will update soon