So this has been going on for nearly two years now
I bought this e36 m50 325 almost two years ago with a stripped engine. Started gathering parts up last summer to put the engine together new gaskets timing chains rings etc but couldn’t get the time to put it together
So bought an automatic e39 single vanos 528i and put its engine into this

Got some style 42s in the local scrapyard and put them on and was quite happy. Car was a 98 318is running an obd1 325.i put the 2.8 in with the m50 management/loom and intake and it ran perfectly,serious power right through the rev range. Car had some extra lock and a hydro,rear end also cut out when I got it. Fitted some cheap buckets and harnesses and an alloy rad and was quite happy to leave it as was and get some seat time in it

Unfortunately things didn’t go exactly as planned
Took it for a test run down my (very narrow and poor surface) local road one quiet Saturday evening.back wheel caught some muck and send the car into a slide at around 40 mph, nosedived down an embankment into a drain and somersaulted onto its back and landed 10 meters further down in the drain on its wheels. Luckily got away with a few stitches and a broken nose but the car is wrecked

More to follow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk