Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register

Threaded View

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Default my PS13 daily driver

You spend months crawling donedeal with no real intentions, seeing nice cars but never actually going the extra step.

I went to a wedding this weekend in Miltown Mallbay in Clare. After a savage night last night I was just driving into town this morning and spotted a dirty, but relatively unspoiled ps13. I drove really slowly past it and again on the way back. It was parked across the road from a garage so my girlfriend told me i should go and ask if it's for sale. She knows how retarded i get around s-bodies.

Here's what it looked like:

I strolled over to the garage to ask who owned it and low and behold, the first dude I spoke to (Brendan) was the owner. I asked him was it for sale, he told me everything is for sale for the right price.

Long story short, i made him an offer that he was happy with, and i ended up driving home an extremely dirty ps13 with insane potential. Although it's a non turbo, this car still has its original paint, no rust, a really healthy looking chassis, standard springs and even a standard diff! This thing has never done a ring in its life. Very clean and amazingly tight to drive. Considering this guy didn't have a clue that someone was going to be test driving his car, he had absolutely no time to prepare. There's not a rattle out of it and the engine purrs like a good thing. I drove it over 3 hours today and I definitely made the right impulse buy.

It's filthy right now and needs a serious clean, but here's a little pic:

The plan is to have a standard ps13 as a daily driver. I wanna try keep it original. It's only a 2litre n/a and will never be a beast. I already have a drift car that i can go wild in, so this'll keep me happy on the public roads.

Opinions? thoughts? Anyone have some chaaaaape parts lol?

Currently in the market for:

Seats, grill, dished steering wheel.

UPDATE 21/07/13
    Pics as requested

Needs a spray but it's ok from far away

Will keep thread up to date

Last edited by LarZ; 23-11-14 at 00:27.