Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: holset turbo's

di Member
    Status
    User ID

heres a youtube vid of a stockish 180 with a holset hx35 turbo strapped to it and making 397bhp @ 15/16psi boost!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlKfoibQ6w8

Forged engine will allow for much more power! (like mine hopefully lol)

di Member
    Status
    User ID

if you go down the holset route ive got some flanges here you'l need that dont come with the turbo.

i like stuff

On a stock SR20 full boost on a Hx35 is at 5500 revs.Thats a very narrow powerband. Dan Chapman got around this by increasing his power band by raising his rev limit to 8400 revs. Its not a suitable turbo for a standard SR20 but with some work like cams, gasflowed head and a proper twinscroll manifold it should work fairly well according to Dan Chapman.
    There has been no proper reports on the HX30 yet so anything said about its use on an SR20 so far is only speculation. Hopefully it should be a good responsive turbo on an SR20 and its specs indicate that it should be but we will have to wait and see a proper report on it to be sure. I wouldnt take too much notice what GS racing says they are obviously going to talk up their own product. They did the same with the HX35 telling fellas that it should be on full boost at 3500 revs on a 2 litre which we know now was way off the mark.
    I think any fella would be better off waiting for a proper report on a turbo before buying it. Thats what I think anyway lads.

di Member
    Status
    User ID

theyre site if you read the bullsh1t section is pretty good, they seem like a legit down to earth bunch with decent customer service.

think the turbo would be nice strapped to the 1jz than an sr though

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by copeyhagen View Post
    theyre site if you read the bullsh1t section is pretty good, they seem like a legit down to earth bunch with decent customer service.
    Cant disagree with that enough. When i was trying to buy from them it literlly took a month of emails, daily phone calls and voice messages to get any response from. Hardly any info on the specs of the turbo or fittings needed for it.

the hx35s seem to work good on skylines but like its been said above theres no proof they work well on smaller engines. I hope they do, i have sitting here waiting to go onto a block. But when the fellas selling them cant give any info or cant be bothered to test one it gives me a bad feeling.

i like stuff

Go Drifting or Go To Hell Baz_180's Avatar
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by nick180sx View Post
    im running a hy35 on an sr and making 1.7 bar boost by 4000 rpm...best turbo i've ever used.what about it been designed for lorrys??these can take any amount of boost a car engine would be able to throw at it
    If you want info talk to this guy he has done it

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by colm View Post
    Cant disagree with that enough. When i was trying to buy from them it literlly took a month of emails, daily phone calls and voice messages to get any response from. Hardly any info on the specs of the turbo or fittings needed for it.

the hx35s seem to work good on skylines but like its been said above theres no proof they work well on smaller engines. I hope they do, i have sitting here waiting to go onto a block. But when the fellas selling them cant give any info or cant be bothered to test one it gives me a bad feeling.
    ah ok, fair enough.

they seemed fairly decent on their site but sure its the "auld internetz", anything can be done

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Baz_180 View Post
    If you want info talk to this guy he has done it
    whered ya egt that quote? in the for sale ad that was on here?

Go Drifting or Go To Hell Baz_180's Avatar
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by copeyhagen View Post
    whered ya egt that quote? in the for sale ad that was on here?
    This thread http://driftireland.com/showthread.p...583#post146583

driftireland Staff - Moderator Chuck_g's Avatar
    Status
    User ID

Gonna be going down the Holset route next year, cant wait

TEAM MANFOOT