Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: holset turbo's

di Member
    Status
    User ID

I was onto Dan Chapman who competes in JDM Allstars about how he finds his hx35 holset tubby on his ps13 sr20 and he says its awesome. hx35's are rated to 600bhp and hx30's up to 500bhp

Im going for a Holset hx30 on my forged sr20 as ive heard nothing but awesome reports. theyre supposed to spool faster than equivalent garrett tubbys with full boost being achieved at about 3500rpm.

thats good enough for me! .......and theyre cheap as fook compared to garretts and other similar turbos.

These turbos work best apparently with twinscroll manifolds but Dan said hes running a normal s/steel mani and finds even the hx35 sweet. but then he's most likely a better pilot than most of us on here. lol

HX30 + 60mm external wastegate = £600. WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!

di Member
    Status
    User ID

where are you getting your info on the hx30 kev?

Ive got one and its no where near big enough to make 500. I was told the same as you have been. But when you have one in your hand and compair it to other turbos youll see a real difference.
    ive been looking but cant find any actual proof of what a hx30 does on a sr. Lots of great praise by lads that cant provide any evidance of what they do

Have a look at chapmans boost print out for the hx35, it was laggy as fuck. Great power, but tiny power band

i like stuff

Status
    User ID

i would like to see the print out,any idea where i could read it

085 8894526

..................!
    Status
    User ID

Driftworks i say jamie....! Couldn't see it being that bad as dan gos very well in that car......!

di Member
    Status
    User ID

HX30 + 60mm external wastegate = £600. WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER![/QUOTE]

where you getting that bud

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Daly Ps13 View Post
    I don't know about therse turbos altough some belive there a great job....! At the end of the day there a lorry turbo and a lorry only revs to 3500rpm or so......! Don't know what they'd be like at 7-8.....! Also they just have an oil feed no water id be septacle bout that to.....! I know all thrust turbos are the same but there also based on a lorry turbo......!
    Greddy Turbos dont have water feed either, well the likes of the TDO6 and so on, doesn't make much difference when the turbo is designed that way. Also the revs the engine does won't make a difference, its the exhaust flow, like the blades in a turbo themselves run at 10,000s of rpm, like 100,000rpm.

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by colm View Post
    where are you getting your info on the hx30 kev?

Ive got one and its no where near big enough to make 500. I was told the same as you have been. But when you have one in your hand and compair it to other turbos youll see a real difference.
    ive been looking but cant find any actual proof of what a hx30 does on a sr. Lots of great praise by lads that cant provide any evidance of what they do

Have a look at chapmans boost print out for the hx35, it was laggy as fuck. Great power, but tiny power band
    You get them here....

http://www.g-s-racing.com/

I was also in contact with gs racing and he sent me a detailed email with all the specs and shit, il try hoke it out and post it up here.

di Member
    Status
    User ID

here's the email he sent me guys:

"Kev
    The hx30 will do 400bhp no problem and will spool very fast between gearchanges,I would expect full boost in the 3500rpm area so a good useable rev range there as boost will start building below that level.for direct fitment you will require a t3 flange adaptor for your existing manifold or a t3 flange manifold.I'm guessing you want internal wastegate?this makes fitment easier but if not you will require a t3 flange external gate manifold.the hx30 would be ideal for your situation
    Thanks
    Greig
    Gs racing"

All i want is between 400-450bhp and ive been told the hx30 will do it

di Member
    Status
    User ID

would be interesting to see alright, might be interested in the gsr hx30 myself

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    HX30 + 60mm external wastegate = £600. WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!
    where you getting that bud[/QUOTE]

http://www.g-s-racing.com/products.html

jump on the holset bandwaggon!!