Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Status
    User ID

mate off mine works for proenginebuilders in au he knows his stuff about all racing parts. and the best shells are from orginal manufactures. even if you look at a standard bearing compeard to a race their is a full ring oil track compitions dont only have a half oil way track. + race ones have one stage off tempering taken out off the construction prosses. witch result in higher temp riseing and shorting the life off the oil. standard nissan bearing are the best in his opinin. acl is a spurious part after all. tomei engine builers use orginal bearing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nicko View Post
    mate off mine works for proenginebuilders in au he knows his stuff about all racing parts. and the best shells are from orginal manufactures. even if you look at a standard bearing compeard to a race their is a full ring oil track compitions dont only have a half oil way track. + race ones have one stage off tempering taken out off the construction prosses. witch result in higher temp riseing and shorting the life off the oil. standard nissan bearing are the best in his opinin. acl is a spurious part after all. tomei engine builers use orginal bearing!!!

But Tomei sell their own bearings, so do they say that standard are better then theirs?
    Any ACL bearings I've used have idelntical design to the Nissan items, In fact the ACL main bearings for the RB have an extra oil track on the lower shells that Nissan ones don't have.

ACL are well proven at this stage.

Spurious simply means they aren't supplied by the car manufacturer, it has nothing to do with who they are made by or their quality.

www.inoc.ie
    Irish Nissan Owners Club

Status
    User ID

i agree acl are proven i have them in my engines never any probs. you know yourself like a competition clutchs most off them are normal pressure plates painted up this makes it a competition this is well known. and most off the time their exiddy clutch at the end off the day. same goes for bearing. anyhow what are you going to do with you acl bearings once the packageing is broke theirs no come back . but thats a bit more serious?

The tomei bearings are made by nissan, but branded as tomei and nismo. The injectors are also the same units.

On another note, i dont see how quality control didnt catch that shell, jesus thats poor. Any word back from them yet paul?

Quote Originally Posted by slammedmind View Post
    The tomei bearings are made by nissan, but branded as tomei and nismo. The injectors are also the same units.

On another note, i dont see how quality control didnt catch that shell, jesus thats poor. Any word back from them yet paul?

But thats my point about spurious parts. Nissan only assemble cars, they don't make parts. The 'nissan' injectors are made by unisia jecs which Nissan do have a share in but so to Bosch and others. The bearings will be made for Nissan/nismo etc by a different company too.

Haven't heard anything back from him yet though..

www.inoc.ie
    Irish Nissan Owners Club

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Thats crazy,and its hard to belive there going bust when they seem to be such a popular used bearing,most engine rebuilds i have come across have used acl bearings,p.s...if them bearings are for a skyline and he has no luck with getting a replacment set,i have a brand new full set there that i wont be useing!

Thats the craic she said with one leg on the dash and nothing on but the radio............

could explain why i go through so many bottom ends....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by larry kehoe View Post
    could explain why i go through so many bottom ends....
    SR or 4A??????

Status
    User ID

I still havin heard anything off ACL last i heard your man was gettin onto them hopefully hear back mon, can the guys who offered me bearings pm me with prices plse, and these are big ends the mains are perfect

ive heard of a few people that have used acl bearings in different types of cars and have gone back to using oem bearings...
    doesn't say much for acl