Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
    Status
    User ID

Default Franks MX5 build

This popped up cheap and was in the market for a project.

Needs a nice bit of work its been sitting up years apparently so who knows what ill come accross. Main thing is ir runs well (so far) and it has no rust, I've had a good look so far and had the inspection bungs out its even good inside the sills which seems to be where they go.

Plans for it.. I'm not sure yet just bought it on a notion so ill see what happens.

Status
    User ID

Very nice, I've been dreaming of getting rid of my s14 and picking one of these up and doing a turbo conversion but as I said, pure pipe dream

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Status
    User ID

Looking at turbo bits myself, Not expensive to do even. Plan on collecting up the bits as i go.

Rust is what kills these, Sills go from the inside out apparently so i got lucky i think. Unless i find more when i strip it down haha

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

yeah they tend to have rust deeper down but the replacement panels aren't crazy expensive either, you just need someone who can weld properly.

These are a deadly car, way underrated. Brilliant car to drive, especially with 200hp

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by LarZ View Post
    yeah they tend to have rust deeper down but the replacement panels aren't crazy expensive either, you just need someone who can weld properly.

These are a deadly car, way underrated. Brilliant car to drive, especially with 200hp
    Another great thing about them, So easy to get parts for them. Even Mazda seem to be very good for still have parts new for them.

Status
    User ID

Kinda the main reason I've been thinking about getting one. You'd have a cracking little car for the money you'd spend on a fairly basic sbody. Insurance companies arnt totally afraid of them either

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Ptank View Post
    Kinda the main reason I've been thinking about getting one. You'd have a cracking little car for the money you'd spend on a fairly basic sbody. Insurance companies arnt totally afraid of them either

Possibly because a lot of them are irish and UK car's so they seem to get away from the Jap car image a bit. Had my last one on a classic policy for 250.