Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My BNR34-Door Build

Well lads... Larz is after threatening me to start a build thread for my R34 4-Door finally. I was doubtful and a bit reluctant to do it because all its been so far is parts collecting, but sure here we go!

So for 2017 I lived in Canada, and prior to that I'd built and driven a 525bhp 2JZ 180SX Type X so I needed to buy something practical and something that made sense. I'd caught wind of a registered R34 sitting in a shed in Roscommon that was very clean and hadn't moved much, so I set about finding some info on it. Shane Finn owned it, and it hadn't seen daylight since 2013...I had a friend travel the country for me and check it out, and after over 100 photos and 12 videos, and facetiming me I gave him the go ahead on leaving a deposit. This particular car was owned by a painter in Donegal who thankfully undersealed it, then Shane got it and started the manual conversion. He got the pedal and lines in, then left it sitting. Thankfully I got it right before VRT went mental, so in turn it made this a bit of a bargain. Here's some photos of the day it was collected. (Not sure where they're going to be on this Tapatalk thing)

Fast Forward months to October and I'm home, it's time to start collecting things for the car. From then until this week I've only collected parts and not worked on it, so I'll list what lies in wait for her.

Work Emotion XD9's in Ash Titan Bronze, 18x9.5 and 18x10.5 with Work caps and nuts
    Bride Super Low seat rails (New)
    Nismo 320kmh cluster
    Nismo S-Tune Spoiler
    Nismo front tension rods (New)
    Nismo reinforced engine mounts (New)
    Manual gear surround and gator
    OEM Wind Deflectors (New)
    RB25DET S2
    RB26 rocker covers
    Link G4+ ECU (New)
    BNR34 Xenon headlamps
    BNR34 Front Fender and raisers (New)
    BNR34 Bonnet (New)
    BNR34 Front bumper
    Hasemi Sport front lip
    BNR34 bumper mounting kit/brackets etc
    OS Giken twin plate clutch and flywheel

This leads up to this evening, where I finally got a chance to work on the car after owning it a year and a month. Tonight I put on my brand new, fresh out of the box front end. Pictures should be somewhere... Updates in due course, opinions welcome!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

much nismo! very money!

Love it! didn't actually know the story about how you got it. I can already picture it on the wheels now <3. It's going to be a stunner! Can't remember ever seeing a gtr front ended moredoor 34 in the country. I could definitely see myself owning one of these.

One step closer, Rb25 gearbox found

Status
    User ID

Looking forward to seeing the progress on this. If its even close to this millennium jade car from speedhunters ill be happy

http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/02/...love-r34-room/

Quote Originally Posted by JDMfrank View Post
    Looking forward to seeing the progress on this. If its even close to this millennium jade car from speedhunters ill be happy

http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/02/...love-r34-room/
    I've seen that all over the owners forum... Ill have the same skirts and rear but that's about it

Another bit of Nismo to add to the growing collection

Status
    User ID

Any reason you're going for OEM style arms instead of those with more adjustment?

It's a daily, so I don't really need fancy adjustment and it won't be sitting on it's sump going up the road either. I've also NEVER had a good experience with adjustable arms so I want to stay away regardless

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

I've lots of nice parts for you to buy

Quote Originally Posted by ste View Post
    I've lots of nice parts for you to buy
    Can't be paying your mortgage for you