Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SuperFortress
    Status
    User ID

Default Hachi's 180SX...... A car with some DI history

Since I was 15 I have wanted a 180SX, between various JDM Option DVD's and the internet, The want was bad! For some reason or other I spent the golden years for Jap cars in Ireland driving poxy Ford's (Talk about a misguided youth!).

Anyway some time past, some stuff happened, I bought a Skyline, worked on that Skyline while more stuff happened, then sold said Skyline, I partially regret selling it, but the want for a 180sx was bad. So after 13 years of wanting an S13, I bought one on the 13th of April last year(........I dont know if all the 13's were a sign)

So only going to put a couple pictures up first, and go into further detail over the coming weeks.

Some may recognise the number plate, and it wont be the first time appears on DI. This car has been through a lot over the past number of years.

Seemingly I have no decent pictures of it yet, Anyway, here two pictures to get us going.....

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

looks lovely! I don't recognise the number plate. Any links to previous build threads or posts about it?

SuperFortress
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by LarZ View Post
    looks lovely! I don't recognise the number plate. Any links to previous build threads or posts about it?
    Searching for them at the moment, I'll post them up when I find them. Car isn't a patch on how it once looked. But I'll get it looking well again.

SuperFortress
    Status
    User ID

So here are two pictures from it's past, Firstly when owned by Eileen;

and then when it was owned by DI member marksull;

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

HAHA no way! I remember that car. I nearly bought it! It was here in cork for ages parked up.

Senior Member jeff nelson sileighty's Avatar
    Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

That's cool to see. I remember the car from when Mark had it, had a good bit of work done to it. Be cool to see what you do with it.

SuperFortress
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by jeff nelson sileighty View Post
    That's cool to see. I remember the car from when Mark had it, had a good bit of work done to it. Be cool to see what you do with it.
    Unfortunately most of the work done to it got undone when it was broken for parts. Whoever bought it decided to paint it with black plastidip :facepalm:

Apologies for no real progress on this thread yet, I only noticed that 95% of the pictures I have are detail and reference photos for myself. So I'll take get some better pictures and go from there.

To get it going though here are some some of the first things I did when I first got the car. So as I had know for a long time that I would get a 180sx at some point I had collected a few parts to put on when I got one.

First up was my trust Sparco which I've had for the last 10 years. There was a Nardi on there, but I love the Sparco wheel, so off with the Nardi.

Homemade steering wheel centre thingy

On with the Sparco

Next to the gearknob....Random aluminium one

One new Tomei Duracon Shiftknob

A little blurry, but much better

On with a Broadway mirror.

Last edited by Hachi; 15-04-18 at 17:47.

Status
    User ID

i might confuse this car now with another one, but is that a 200sx? was that in cork before, macroom area?

Click Project Thread
    Click HERE for my blog

SuperFortress
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by lady89 View Post
    i might confuse this car now with another one, but is that a 200sx? was that in cork before, macroom area?
    Jesus are you trying to give me a heart attack! It was down Cork before alright but it's a legit 180sx.

Last edited by Hachi; 16-04-18 at 13:11.

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Yeah this one's a 180 for sure. I looked at the car when it was complete but it must be 3 years ago at this stage. I LOVE when people make the effort to do basic before and after shots of their mods, even if it's steering wheels and gear knobs and mirrors. I don't know what it is but it really makes me enjoy the read a lot more. Thanks for sharing, keep us updated!