Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Air ride suspension

Has anyone any experience with air suspension and what are the pros and cons over coilovers?? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fast cars are only as fast as the boys pushing them for you!

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by japgarage View Post
    Has anyone any experience with air suspension and what are the pros and cons over coilovers?? Thanks in advance

I’m constantly trying to toss up whether I want to spend the money, lose the boot space, have my car sitting right. People will tell you that my cars never sit right for a photo and I’ll agree because it’s very hard to get an sbody to look great on its wheels and still be practical if I had to tell you right now what the best option out there is, get air cups from driftworks. They’re only meant for low speed driving and aren’t the same as air ride but they give you up to 50mm of height temporarily so that you can clear that speed bump or inclines.

It’s a comfort thing for me just hoping not to have to compromise to much on performance. This is the product I have being looking at the airlift 3h kit. They do a direct replacement kit for a S15 the one I was looking at stands at $4k

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

That's $4k before customs and before installation. I just dread the whole lot would end up costing over 5k euro. I've looked into it too but just can't justify the cost of another sbody project just so i can get the car sitting better for photos

I could justify it for comfort. I don’t drive my car near as much as I should be due to feeling broke up after an hour. I have no interest in photos it’s purely drivability.

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by japgarage View Post
    I could justify it for comfort. I don’t drive my car near as much as I should be due to feeling broke up after an hour. I have no interest in photos it’s purely drivability.

If you want comfort there are plenty of coilovers options that run soft enough to give a comfy fast road car setup. Just need them set up by someone who knows what they are at.

Status
    User ID

I've driven and been passenger in a few bagged cars but never owned one. The comfort is great even at low settings, though both car's were a4's so comfy enough to begin with. The basic systems are a bit crude for my liking and for cheaper systems the pipes perish so you really get what you pay for. My friend had a close call when a pipe split and the front of the car went from normal to decked in 2 seconds. Lucky for him custom guards had been built around his box and sump but id imagine it shouldnt have happened in the first place

Status
    User ID

wonder is this guy on here ....

https://youtu.be/oEKBQaz9Ocs

i looked into d2 and ksport air bags , price wise are cheap i think.
    the driftworks cup things would be a waste on a road car i think.

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    the driftworks cup things would be a waste on a road car i think.
    I think they'd be perfect just to get over a bump or incline here and there. They're a lot cheaper than any bag system i've come across.

Senior Member jeff nelson sileighty's Avatar
    Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LarZ View Post
    I think they'd be perfect just to get over a bump or incline here and there. They're a lot cheaper than any bag system i've come across.
    Still not all that cheap though, nearly a grand if you already have cs2s and nearly 2k if you have to buy the cs2s and that's only for the front. You also don't get the ability to drive on rough surfaces aired up and stuff. There's very little advantage in having them for the price imo. If you're after comfort then I've found my hsd monopros very comfortable especially in the softest setting and they'll set you back less than a grand for the set.