Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
    No show like a Joe show pole drift's Avatar
    Status
    User ID

Default Nissan Cefiro A31 (The never ending hardship)

Right so I decided that I would start a fresh thread for this car since the old one is full of so much spam that its easier to start a fresh.

I should probably start with a bit of backgroud info on this car for anyone that isnt fully aware of it. Car used to belong to PeterT (ex Driftireland admin) and had a nice few mods done to it. However the car was pretty much a hen house, all bushes in the car were non existsnt, wiring was exposed and would short out, the Hicas "removal" was the pipes cut and folded back to stop the hydraulic fluid from flowing but still leaked, drivers chassis leg was bent along with every front arm on the car.

Anyway aside from all that here's the spec and a pic of the car from when i first got it (back in sept 2012!!!)

Engine Spec
    -rb20det
    -apexi air filter
    -autobahn88 hard suction pipe
    -autobahn88 intercooler
    -TD05 turbo
    -GTR injectors
    -stainless elbow, downpipe, exhaust, and shotgun end section
    -Nistune ECU 389bhp and 346 lbft at the fly at 1.2 bar with all the dyno sheets to prove.

Drivetrain and footwork
    -new exedy clutch
    -2 way diff which has locks strong both on accel and deceleration
    -Tein coilovers
    -Driftworks complete hicas elimination kit
    -Some form of uprated tension rods

Exterior
    -Origin style kit
    -Nismo bonnet vent
    - Facelift lights which are a million times better than what you see on other cefiros!

Interior
    -KTS 6 point rollcage
    -Nismo gearknob

d0a945e4 by Joseph Fahy, on Flickr
    DSC_0077 by Joseph Fahy, on Flickr

The reason this car was taken off the road and stripped down to a bare shell was because it was unsafe and needed a lot of work to be done and seeing as tho I dont have to pay rent on a garage I don't to rush to get it done. and at this rate it'll be eligible for classic tax!!! It first started off that I wanted to remove the AC as it didn't work so first port of call was to rip that all out and chuck it in the bin.

I keep getting messages asking will I sell it, the answer is no this car will not be sold in its current state. I cant get rid of a car that I've owned for over 6 years and only driven 100 miles in it. Will the car ever be completed, yes hopefully some day it will be, its quite difficult for me to get work done with this car as every time I get someone else do do work on it they make a total and utter balls of it.

When I was getting the engine bay painted the painter had the primer, basecoat and lacquer done in about an hour in a shed with no heater. the orange peal alone was appalling.

I have higher priorities at the moment then finishing the Cefiro, I'm saving for a house, I got married and have been in and out of hospitals with my own health issues for the last few years. Maybe someday ill finally be able to drive it but for now it'll just be me alone in my shed tipping away at it.

Ill leave you with this pic of the Cefiro in its home with the snow getting in at the gap in the wall.

20180301_134550 by Joseph Fahy, on Flickr

Last edited by pole drift; 16-03-18 at 00:04.