Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
    Status
    User ID

Default R32 skyline road car build

This will be the first proper project I've taking on, anything I've done it past was just cosmetically with light work to suspension and engine. By no means am I a mechanic but i like to do as much stuff as i can myself unless its outta my league altogether so this project is making me feel a tiny bit uneasy in case i F it up and end up throwing a load of money down the toilet so to speak ha but sure that where the fun lies and once finished (hopefully) i will truly be able to call it mine.There is some form of a thread already about this car when i bought but i thought i start a knew one to update as i go etc

So from the beginning
    I have this car nearly two years now, previously to when i bought it the car had been laid up for a few years in a shed as the then owner had moved to Australia and his brother who had original imported the car and was the first Irish owner put it up for sale. I went for a look at it and like what i saw for the money so left a deposit.The spec was small but the shell and body was clean for a 1989 car.

So heres some pics and the spec:
    Unknown bodykit
    Front mount
    Omp seats
    Boost gauge
    turbo timer
    gay spoiler
    welded on back box

The car was off the road for over 3 years so i fixed her up for the test and got her on the road. Cleaned her up best i could, sold the OMP seats and fitted standard ones and bought some blitz tye 03 for it

Drove it for under a year trouble free until one day driving home from town it developed a loud thick noise. To my relief it turned out to be the exhaust manifold blowing. At this point i had it in my head i wanted something more modern so parked her up with the intention of selling and bought the below S15.

So the skyline was put into the dark corner of the shed and forgotten about. Being as beautiful car as the S15 is i never saw it as being mine for some reason it was always some one else creation so to speak plus i found the skyline 10 times more fun to drive plus you can beat the sound of the RB.

Having a couple of days off work this week i decided it was time to pull the finger out and get the skyline back on the road but this time to my vision.
    First on the list was power wash all the the arches and underneath her as i will be under sealing her. then pulled her over the pit where she will remain until she ready for paint. Removed the body kit as I'm planning a different route for her.

Next on the list is to to start stripping. Today i drained all fluids, removed the complete exhaust and turbo, rad and fan shroud, intercooler piping. also decided i see how many exhaust manifold studs i could remove. Not to my surprise 3 were already snapped, i snapped another 4, rounded 1 and the rest came off okish ha not that i was pushed as the engine coming out anyways so i can clean it up and paint the bay. So yesterday and this evening i have been dreaming up my wish list for it knocking the S/S exhaust off it already ha

Next on the job list is get the engine and box out and completely remove the hicas and air con system before the weekend.

and to finish off my first post abitta dust art

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

savage! can't wait to see more. Is the bay bad? wouldn't mind seeing a few pics. I'm going through a similar project right now.