Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Once the paint went on in late November, I got a little bit of pressure as stone wanted the car done and dusted before christmas! December being an expensive month as it is, there was no way I could commit so the project stalled for a month or so.

Then January came along and they went in all guns blazing. It was getting very real! It wasn’t without hassle though. Not from stone, but from the parts that I had. I travelled the country looking for an aero front bumper but eventually got sorted. People have a funny definition of parts being ‘mint’ in this country. Regardless, I got sorted.

The kit still wasn’t on and the stance was horrendous but oh my god.. I was in love...

I did get a little worried though as I had asked them to roll the arches accordingly before they took everything off to ensure that the wheels would fit the arches correctly. They didn’t though which still kind of worries me as the wheels are a bit pokey.

They lowered the car slightly, and this is how it sat

The front was still too high but the rear was just perfect for me. Many would still go lower but those people really don’t use their sbody as a daily like I do. I need that little bit of clearance.

There were some issues, some custom fabrication was needed as none of my engine parts had ever been working together before so there were a lot of fittings, hoses, pipes, etc that needed adjustments. I needed a new clutch master cylinder, igniter, door handle, z32 afm and many more bits and pieces so I hassled all my connections in the community and they really pulled through for me.

At this stage (February) I really wanted to go see the car again, so I took a trip up. And oh my god... just oh my god..

Now bear in mind that this isn’t meant to be a show car by any means so I told them that the engine bay wasn’t a massive concern for me. But for a 26 year old engine bay, that looks pretty damn tidy to me. I’m sure the mismatching hoses, wrong rocker cover colour and all those bits will annoy some, and although I’ll eventually sort them, they shouldn’t block me from getting the car on the road.

It looked great in the showroom but we rolled it outside to really allow the paint to show its depth and variation

That Silvia detail on the under light panel

In an ideal world, the front would be lower again but apparently my coilovers (BC) can’t go lower without making the springs rock hard and un-drivable.

All in all, my life savings have been spent. My life car goals (from when I was 12) have been achieved and tomorrow I head back up to go and collect my effectively brand new car. Nervous, excited, relieved... all the emotions. The plan is to tax it for 6 months and enjoy the hell out of it. It got mapped at close to 300hp which is plenty for my needs. With minor work and maybe some octane addictive we could go well over 300 but Power was never the aim with this car... just look at it...

More to follow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
    User ID

Awesome stuff. If the plates weren't on it you would think the pics were snapped of some car in Japan.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Status
    User ID

Im looking forward to seeing it in the flesh looks great

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the kind words lads. Here's a little video CarLads did of the other day when i went to pick it up:

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

So not much to update. There was an issue with my central locking. It locked fine but didn’t unlock. So I popped off the driver’s door card and it was just a case of tightening one screw. Happy days.

I must tax it and the test is this weekend.

Took it to cars and coffee and met up with the lads...

It was a miserable hoooor of a day though... so we had a bite to eat and fecked off...

Also got number plates made, but ordered the wrong ones here’s a photo for the lols

Then I ordered proper ones and they look mint. Hope they pass nct.

Then I did a little photo shoot with rhysmate. More to come on that but here’s a sneak preview!

Hard to believe the car looked like this less than a year ago!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
    User ID

Awesome stuff. Out of curiosity is that white chaser the gx100 with the turbo setup?

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Yeah it is! It's Zach's. Nice car!

Status
    User ID

Ah very good. I must try and catch him down there the next time for a chat

Status
    User ID

Absolutely love the two tone. Car looks fantastic. Can only imagine how delighted you are!

Status
    User ID

Yikes larz i can't believe the transformation what a car it turned out to be love the two tone

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk