User ID
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Funnyonion View Post
    Looking forward to seeing this!
    me too hope to have it done by March

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Well i said march... i didn't mention the year!

After this I set about taking the engine out with the help of some friends. This in itself was a great experience. I'd never taken the engine out of a car. I also wanted to know what i was dealing with from a rust point of view. I found some rust in the driver's sill, both rear arches needed a lot of work and some minor patches underneath, as well as the strut towers. Sounds like a lot but it wasn't really that bad.

Now that i knew what i was working with, it was time to decide the next step. Years ago, the car had been broken into, so you can see that in all my old pics the driver's door glass was blue and the driver's quarter window was tinted. this WRECKED my head as i just love the original brown glass.

I managed to source some replacement glass in the UK. but the headache of replacing rubbers and all that started to dawn on me. I guess there wasn't anything wrong with the inside of the car so i decided i didn't want to touch that to try and save some work. Here are some pics of the rust:

But all in all considering the car had never been treated for rust or undersealed, all was looking very clean:

So quite content, and with a massive list of parts ready to go into the car, I bought a trailer and loaded her up.

I still didn't know where i was going to take the car but obviously I wanted quotes. And to get a quote on any work, especially bodywork, they need to inspect the car in person. Top of my list was the prestigious Stone Motorsport as they had the facilities to do absolutely everything in house without me having to worry about it. I had a very clear vision of what i wanted.

I ended up leaving the car with them as i was convinced I wanted them to do the work. Everything was super top secret about my colours, wheels etc, so i didn't really want the world to know what i was doing. Surely Laurence wouldn't be caught dead in a nissan that wasn't black?!

to be continued

Status
    User ID

Although i kinda know the progress of it already, but would be great to see all the updates written down here (with pics!!)

Click Project Thread
    Click HERE for my blog

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

I'll be going into a lot of detail. spec lists, the process, etc. Just need to make the time

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Rewind a couple of months... November 2016, I found myself in a position to buy my dream wheels. Not to everyone’s taste but I got them specced to standard arches with minimal rolling. More pics later in the build but for now:

Specs are:

* Fronts are 15x9jj ET+7 Work Equip 03
    * Rears are 15x8.5 ET+3 Work Equip 03
    * Brand new wheel nuts, valves and center caps
    * 4x brand new Toyo Proxes T1-R 205/55/R15

Wheels were supplied by mike fitz at DMAC. Took a few months to arrive from japland but great service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

A little more background to this. Years and years ago i dreamt of having a ps13. I first found out about the car in the early gran turismo games and that's where i fell in love with the two tone colour schemes, mainly the green two tone.

It had about 350hp and i used to go around saying that i was gonna own one one day. I loved my black ps13 but the green was the one i always wanted. I can't think of a more jdm 90s car colour.

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Stone motorsport did a good job of keeping me up to date with regular pics. This was a particularly exciting day for me when the paint arrived.

They had already stripped all the sub frames and gotten to work on the underside and the body. The plan was to do a restoration of the entire outside of the car, so everything except for the interior which was already complete and in great condition.

I was contacted at one point about whether I wanted the original seam protection layer put back or whether I wanted a super clean show car engine bay. Needless to say I wanted to extra protection and want it to be as factory looking as possible

I just don’t have the time nor the skill to work to this level of detail, so was delighted with my updates from them every few days although we had our fair share of speed bumps.

Meanwhile I searched high and low for an aero front bumper. I had one, but it wasn’t ideal, then bought another but the seller changed his mind. Then found another one but that wasn’t good enough either. Then finally went to jdmdistro but that bumper had been cut ��

I was absolutely sickened after trekking from cork to Wicklow to kildare with it only to find out that it was cut it had been on a rocketbunny car before.

Regardless, the car was taking shape!

There was a considerable amount of bodywork to get it to this point and they had only just put the first layer of paint on.

Status
    User ID

Looks awesome. Must be a great feeling seeing your dream come to life

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ptank View Post
    Looks awesome. Must be a great feeling seeing your dream come to life

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
    It’s unbelievable to be honest. Huge financial strain though but I haven’t looked back with any regret! The sensible thing would be to sell the 180sx and put all my hopes and dreams into the Silvia but sure where’s the craic in that?!

Status
    User ID

the pictures are AMAZING!
    so so clean!!! really cant wait to see it in person now!

Click Project Thread
    Click HERE for my blog