Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

savage mod though all the same. brembos look the business.

Status
    User ID

ya its a tough call, i find the s15 brakes good as standard (paired with endless pads)really but be nice to see brembos behind the wheel. thanks for the info.

Senior Member jeff nelson sileighty's Avatar
    Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Forgot to add this on the last update , I finally picked up a pair of seats I had been wanting for a good while

Pair of red genuine B-GREOS . I had a drivers side bride rail sitting here for a while so just loosely fitted the drivers seat

I quickly realized a couple of things
    1. I'm a fat cunt
    2. I'm way too tall to fit with the standard wheel , my knees are wrapped around the wheel so to be able use the seat I'll need to use a dished steering wheel of some sorts. I already have an nrg snap off boss kit I just hadn't decided on what wheel to run , I'll just hold off until after the nct to fit it .

I rolled my arches properly. Cleaned them all down inside and gave them a few coats of stone chip , once they were rolled I then gave the lip of the arch a few coats of clear just to make sure they would stay protected but me being a smart cunt forgot to take pics as I was going

Herself got me a pair of proxes t1's for the front for my birthday

I picked up a DC2 lip a few evenings ago so fitted that yesterday , I just melted the sides with a heat gun to flatten them out to reach the length of the bumper , it fits fairly well I'll just need to paint it

So that's how the car sits for now . Here's a few more pics

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Small update
    Painted the DC2 lip , came out alright for a half assed job

Also picked up an FGK 4 branch manifold for handy money but it's missing the pipe going from the mani to the cat. I had a fabricator doing that bit of pipe but that's fallen through so if anyone has that piece of pipe let me know

That's kind of it for now , I have the nct booked for next month so I'll just have to raise it up a bit and track it for that

The reg eg hatch haha.

Ah cool man shes lookin fair well.

Nice idea with the dc2 lip seems to sit well

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yomamagoes/sideways View Post
    The reg eg hatch haha.

Ah cool man shes lookin fair well.

Nice idea with the dc2 lip seems to sit well
    Haha that's going back a bit, that was a good car.

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Small update
    I taxed and tested the car last month so have just been driving it , very little has changed with the car.
    Here it is in total gaylord mode heading in for the nct

All I needed to do was headlight alignment as the drivers side was up by a fraction and that was it passed with flying colours. Even the tester complimented how clean the car is, which Is obviously nice to hear.
    I put the car back to how it was supposed to look

Also fitted the less agressive one of my B-GREO seats which I fit in nicely, fitted my snap off boss kit and a small omp flat wheel that I just had for the drift car. This will be getting replaced in the near future once I decide what type of wheel I want to run. It's hard to decide what to go for as I prefer a small wheel but it's very hard to find a wheel in a brand or style that I like. I haven't taken any interior pics just ones from the outside.

Also took it to igr drifting in galway, got the car out on track and am very happy with it overall here's just a small clip that I found from snapchat

http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/jn...ulfbq.mp4.html

And here's just a few more random pics

Last edited by jeff nelson sileighty; 31-05-17 at 07:01.

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

I haven't a whole pile to update here but in the interest of keeping driftireland going I said I'd throw in whatever bits I did since d.i last stopped.

Anyway I got skirts
    I robbed one of my girlfriends navan s14 skirts to just put up against it out of curiosity.

They looked decent but were a mile off fitting. Still they gave me an idea of how a set of skirts would look on the car and I kind of liked them.

A day or two later a fella local to me put up a pair of standard s14 kouki skirts for free so i nabbed them not knowing if they'd fit but thought they'd be worth a punt. So picked them up, teed them up against the car and they were surprisingly close.

All I ended up having to do was trim a few mil off the end of them and make up new end caps.

To make the end caps I used the same plastic cutting boards that I used for the arch linings, trimmed them down to shape and used sealant to secure the caps on .

I wasn't overly keen on how secure the caps were in the end but I'll come back and fibreglass them on at a later stage.
    Decided to paint these with the gun instead Of The rattle cans I used for the lip as I had a bit more time to do these better and I'm fairly happy with the finish.

I didn't bother filling any stone chips as I wasn't sure would I even like them but they're fine for now, I might pull them off over the winter and re-do them but I'm happy for now.
    Fitting them ended up being a pain. The passo side went on perfect first try. The drivers side took three attempts to get right and as I was using double sided tape to secure them that ended being a right struggle but we got there in the end and this is how they turned out

I'm still getting used to them but think I like them anyway. That's pretty much it for now. I'm taking the car to galway drifting this weekend so hopefully the standard clutch can put up with a full day of abuse in the dry but well see :thumbs:

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Put in a full days drifting at tynagh without a hitch, fairly impressed with how much abuse the standard clutch can take

The car has been parked up in storage since november so I'll be taking it back out the start of next month hopefully, I had many plans on cosmetic bits I wanted to do over the winter but I got back into bikes fairly heavily and picked up a road bike and motocross bike so they took up any spare time I had. I'll see when I get it back next month if i feel like doing a few bits or just enjoy driving it again, time will tell.

Last edited by jeff nelson sileighty; 11-03-18 at 09:33.

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

I hadn’t seen/noticed the skirts but they’re unreal! They look like they were made for the car! And they survived the drift day?! Top work, very impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk