Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Member jeff nelson sileighty's Avatar
    Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Default Road s15 ...Stay N/A

About 3 years ago i picked up an n/a s14 off Stephen Carr , did a few bits to it and drove it daily for about a year and a half. i got a notion to turbo it so picked up a t25 and any other bits i needed and just bolted them to the n/a engine.It worked well, made fairly decent power on the WCP dyno but in all honesty i regretted it almost instantly. It had lost the fun of an n/a. Shortly after my girlfriend made an offer on the car and i sold it. This was it before i sold it

Once i sold it i knew i was going to have to get back in another n/a s-body so about 2 months ago i saw an n/a s15 up for sale that hadnt left japan yet. There and then i knew i had to get it so put a deposit down on it and put my jeep up for sale. Timing worked out handy, the 15 landed on Tuesday last week i think and my jeep sold on the Friday. So Saturday after work i headed straight up to Stephen Carr once again to pick it up. The pics he had originally sent me showed a fairly decent car but when i got there i was blown away by how good the car actually was so that was a nice surprise. This was it when i was picking it up

Looks clean in the pics but was fairly filthy so got her straight home and gave her a very thorough cleaning

i only have it a week and am gone from home most of the time for work so get very little time at the car unfortunately but i did get to service it during the week and got to have a better look underneath and im delighted with how clean it is

Thats pretty much it for now , i must book it in for vrt but ill have to save up for the amount of lube ill need for the absolute ass raping that ill probably end up getting first
    Also the two rear shocks are gone so i need to change them so if anyone around cork has a good pair of rear shocks out of a 14 or 15 let me know ill only need them for nct.
    I have some cool plans for this and will be very different so stay tuned

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Delighted Can't wait to see what you do with this! Looks a great base.

Status
    User ID

Best of luck with her bud

My nameeeeeeeeee Jefffff hahaha. Sorry i had to :P Nice project man.

Ye bought a red car off me remember?

Status
    User ID

youre a sexy man, i must admit. I cant wait to see what sort of dirty little things youre gonna do to this 15

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yomamagoes/sideways View Post
    My nameeeeeeeeee Jefffff hahaha. Sorry i had to :P Nice project man.

Ye bought a red car off me remember?
    Haha I've had a few cars , which one was it ?

Quote Originally Posted by deanrobbo View Post
    youre a sexy man, i must admit. I cant wait to see what sort of dirty little things youre gonna do to this 15
    My god dean what if pia sees this ??? Keep this shit to pms in future .... I have big plans but finding the motivation to actually go out to the shed in the evenings is bruuuuutal

Status
    User ID

a lot of potential!

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

About time I updated this , unfortunately alot of the pics for this build were on an old phone so they're gone . But anyway
    Picked up some nice big evo7 brembos with drilled and grooved discs and a pair of nismo front lower arms

Actually fitting them was a bit of a dick. It took me almost a month to get a set of adapters to simply bolt the calipers on and I had to change to a bigger bmc . It was just a time consuming and annoying job overall it was all stupid hiccups but it's done now thank fuck. I then had the problem that my wheels wouldn't clear the calipers which I had sort of expected . So Daren moynihan put a pair of 8.5 blitz 03 up for sale, I bought them and they fitted nicely but then he put up a pair of 9.5 03s so naturally I bought those too and I now have 6 blitz 03s when all I wanted was a pair.

Got a new set of hsd monopros

I also had a set of 8.5 & 9.5 ssr koenigs so gave the 9.5s a light refurb and that's what I'm using on the back

So this is basically how it sits now except it has the 9.5 03s on the front instead of the 8s you see in the pic

Status
    User ID

im so tempted to go for a brembo setup myself, how did it work out money wise, the adapters are expensive enough for what they are.
    what BMC did you go for in the end ? good improvement ?

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    im so tempted to go for a brembo setup myself, how did it work out money wise, the adapters are expensive enough for what they are.
    what BMC did you go for in the end ? good improvement ?
    In reality it works out about the same as a gtr setup price wise. As for improvement from what I've heard they're only marginally better than gtr brakes. I just like them due to the size they fill 17s completely . I paid 100 for adapters and bought a bm50 bmc . TBH they aren't worth the hassle in comparison to the gtr setup , alot more work in these