Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S14a Project

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by JordanCoupe View Post
    Good too see more koukis getting put back to glory, I'v a kinda daily-kinda project going on with my own as well.

What do ya make of the quality of the vertex kit? And it may be a bit late now but a hacksaw makes the collars a million times easier to get out plus it saves smashing your hand with a lump hammer 46 times
    I actually changed my mind on the kit as I wanted to go wider and more like a drift kit. Lookin at the Origin kits atm. Saying that I decided getting the engine first was a bigger priority haha. The kit was very high quality. I compared it to a few other and the front bumper in particular was much heavier and way stronger. I would highly recomend it.
    This will be my daily... but could be a year or two before I get the chance to drive it haha

Status
    User ID

Update so far I decided to change the vertex kit for somethin wider but I will get that when i have the rest of the car finished. Decided the engine needed to be got first so picked up one out of an s15. Tomei Cams and steel gasket is the only mods the owner knew of as it came in from japan like that. Was running 350bhp ish with no problems so we shall see what happens.
    Gearbox came with it to.
    I purchased the Driftworks front lcas and tension rods just have to get the subframe off and powdercoated and Il have htem on too.
    Have the whole interior stripped bare back to the metal. All i have left is the sound deadening. Any tips to remove this with out leaving alot of the glue residue and a pain in the ass to get off? Spraying the whole interior purple and dont want that left in there.
    Will be building a steel foot rest for the passenger side aswel and bold in cage.

Also does anyone know if tubed arches will pass the Nct? I will be getting the whole car checked over and signed off by an engineer when its finished so Im assuming this should be ok?

Status
    User ID

Fair play with the car lad looks well. The best way to get rid of sound deadening hands down is using the dry ice pellets stuff seen a few people use it you just throw it down over the sound deadening for a few mins and it lifts itself more or less and absolutely no glue left behind. I'm not sure where to get it but I'm sure Google would sort ya out.
    Edit. Found it there. http://dryice.ie/shop/dry-ice-pellets-10kg/

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by tomsheen View Post
    Fair play with the car lad looks well. The best way to get rid of sound deadening hands down is using the dry ice pellets stuff seen a few people use it you just throw it down over the sound deadening for a few mins and it lifts itself more or less and absolutely no glue left behind. I'm not sure where to get it but I'm sure Google would sort ya out.
    Edit. Found it there. http://dryice.ie/shop/dry-ice-pellets-10kg/
    ~Nice on lad but to be honesty id have no problem gettin a blade and cutting it off and scraping off the residue rather than buying the dry ice pellets. I was thinking a heat gun and a blade but i take it that its heat resistant haha

Status
    User ID

That does work but you'll wish you hadn't done it after going through the arse ache and mess of it all ha. Best of luck with it anyways looks a good yolk twill be all worth the hassle in the end

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by tomsheen View Post
    That does work but you'll wish you hadn't done it after going through the arse ache and mess of it all ha. Best of luck with it anyways looks a good yolk twill be all worth the hassle in the end
    Ya I would say im just gunna use the dry ice. Seems to be what everyone uses and seems to be the easiest. Anyone have any feedback to how loud it is inside the car without the sound deadening and carpet? I presume pretty loud haha

Status
    User ID

Just a quick update for now.
    Installed the brakes, lines and hydro just need to bleed to system up now.
    Gave the front subframe a bit of a refresh of paint and put in my Driftworks lca's, tension rods and tie rods. Extra bit of lock in there to for good measure.
    As I finished this I had the wheels in the car so I gave them a test fit to see how they looked. Happy enough with them but with the change of plans on my kit I think I might need spacers or wider/lower offset to suit.
    New to using photo bucket so i will try and upload all the photos I have so far as some have said they cannot see them without it.

Cool project man