Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
    Status
    User ID

Cool Converting from Twin Turbo to Single

Well lad's,

I currently have a 1JZ twin setup in an Altezza but looking to convert to single and looking for advice on it!

I have a Haltech ECU and a HX35 got also but just want to know if there's anything else I need to get besides the below:

Injectors
    Downpipe
    Manifold
    External Wastegate

Aiming for around the 500bhp mark, give or take so any advice on how to achieve this would be welcomed!

If anyone has any of the above parts also, that would be a help!

Status
    User ID

Sorry I can't be much help to you but I'm just wondering if you could give me some info on the 1j setup. What gearbox are you using and a rough idea of what it cost ya if ya don't mind or who carried out the work of it wasn't yourself. Sorry if I'm annoying ya ha.

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by tomsheen View Post
    Sorry I can't be much help to you but I'm just wondering if you could give me some info on the 1j setup. What gearbox are you using and a rough idea of what it cost ya if ya don't mind or who carried out the work of it wasn't yourself. Sorry if I'm annoying ya ha.
    Ha your grand! I'm running the R154 gearbox but if your budget is tight, then the W58 is an option, though I wouldn't be looking for it to take big power! To be honest, I've been doing this conversion for a long time now, constantly swapping things and changing my mind on one thing or another but if I had to put a budget on it, then 5k at least...
    If I was able to do the work myself though it would probably save on labour costs

Status
    User ID

Thanks for the reply I'm a Hgv mechanic so I'd do it myself just no experience with this kinda thing really iv all forged stuff and a supercharger for my 3sge but if I could flog all that for a 1j I would like ha. Best of luck with yours anyways you'll always be missing a couple little bits but you won't know until you tackle it yano. Sound.

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Squire View Post
    I have a Haltech ECU and a HX35 got also but just want to know if there's anything else I need to get besides the below:

Injectors
    Downpipe
    Manifold
    External Wastegate
    Intercooler, fuel pump, fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator, sensors/gauges for ECU and mapping....upgraded brakes

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by TuneR View Post
    Intercooler, fuel pump, fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator, sensors/gauges for ECU and mapping....upgraded brakes
    Cool, have all that as well except the Fuel Pressure Regulator

Nothing else so?

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by TuneR View Post
    Oil feed line,boost controller, you'll also need upgraded coil packs and good plugs to run high boost, clutch, brakes

is a HX35 not absolutely massive for a 1J... unless you're looking at the upside of 600 horse? if so you'll need a bit more free cash than that

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Good clamps for intercooler