Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Status
    User ID

Default 6 years with an S15...

Well!

Just logged in for a look around and couldn't remember if I ever had a project thread. I don't. May aswell make one so

I've owned and daily'd this Silvia since June 2010.

Status
    User ID

...I'm going to be keeping it to short posts instead of huge long ones. No I'm not trying to get my post count up

----

I always wanted a DC2 Integra. Back early in 2010 I was in my mid 20's and rang up Liberty Insurance asking about insurance on one. I was driving a 1.4 non-vtec EK Civic at the time. That was the first car I'd bought.

Liberty told me I'd have to be at least 30 to get covered on a DC2. Fucking Ireland. Somehow though a non-turbo S15 was grand. I would have expected it to be the other way around. Off I went hunting for a 15

Status
    User ID

I test drove one in Limerick but it didn't feel right. Then the guys on SXOC pointed me at this one which had been minded like a baby by it's previous owner Colin. He was looking to buy a house at the time, so the 15 had to go. I'll have that, says I.

My dad drove me up to Meath to collect it. We gave it a good run back to Galway. Didn't take long to find the speed limiter

It wasn't the prettiest 15 in the world, but that didn't really bother me because it was always going to be a long term project, and the kit was pretty rare. I still have the rear bumper, but the front and skirts are long gone.

Last edited by ConorS15; 22-03-16 at 22:47.

Status
    User ID

I was getting into photography around the same time, and met up with Matt Pym and Dara Cooley in Oranmore (Galway) to get some shots of his PS13. They'd be some of the first of the hundreds of car people I've met through cars and drifting since. Gotta love that about cars

Status
    User ID

Had the car about a week when I got pulled by the shades in Galway and told my exhaust was offensively loud and had to go. It had an Apexi cat-back on it when I got it, and the insides of the backbox were broken and rattling around inside it, so it may aswell have been a straight pipe. It was N/A with a HKS intake, so it didn't have a turbo to soak up any of the noise. I'd probably be deaf by now if I hadn't changed it in fairess.

Picked up this Silent HKS back-box from Christy Carpenter and it's still going strong 6 years later. Now it's a bit too quiet, so I think I'm gonna get a Nur Spec R next.

Status
    User ID

I didn't do anything major with it for a while, just enjoyed driving it. The first few things I changed were minor, like snap-off steering wheel and removed the rear wiper. Who needs wipers in Galway sure...

Status
    User ID

Apart from the questionable kit on the car when I got it, it did come with some nice bits. The suspension setup was sweet. It was sitting on pretty new Driftworks CS2 coilovers, and had a full compliment of toe/camber arms and rods, and front and rear strut braces. It also had an Apexi radiator and Apexi cat-back as mentioned earlier. Smoked side indicators, 50/50 tail lights, 17 inch CrKai wheels...

I'm not proud of the shopping list

...to be continued...

Last edited by ConorS15; 22-03-16 at 23:17.

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Love it. can't remember ever seeing the history of this car. I need a hi power silent exhaust for my s13... shame the s15 one is completely different otherwise i'd bite your hand off...

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by LarZ View Post
    Love it. can't remember ever seeing the history of this car. I need a hi power silent exhaust for my s13... shame the s15 one is completely different otherwise i'd bite your hand off...
    Cheers Lar! I saw you looking for one on FB a couple of times alright. Will let you know if I ever see one. They're very quiet alright, but you can make them sing at higher revs I'm no longer commuting to work in this every day now so I want to stick a Nur Spec on it for the odd weekend spin

Status
    User ID

The first expensive thing I bought for it was new wheels. I never liked CrKai's. Still don't.

Got/get plenty of stick for replacing them with Rota GTR's (front) and GTR-D's (rear), but I liked them and they were affordable. Had to go and get Stiv to roll my rear arches after that because they poked out at the back. Was the first time she and I would meet Stiv, but not the last