Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Status
    User ID

Got him to flare the rear arches too. I'm not a bit fan of over-fenders, so wanted to be able to keep the cars natural lines and still make it look aggressive.

It was great getting regular Snapchat updates of the progress.

Status
    User ID

I was either going to paint it bayside blue or a darker grey, and decided on grey in the end. Wanted to go with a colour similar to this, but the BMW has Lamborghini paint, and that was a bit out of my budget Got close enough though.

Status
    User ID

Moar Snapchats of the progress. Was getting excited now

Status
    User ID

More updates. Was dying to see how the colour would look...

Status
    User ID

I asked him to paint the underside of the rear bumper black too, because it already looked a bit like a diffuser, so I thought it would work well.

The car was painted and it was being put back together. I was dying to get it back.

Status
    User ID

Finally got it back and was very happy with the colour. Cillian O'Malley helped me out with a bunch of little things that needed to be done. Installing the BC coilovers and fixing a few electrical problems that the car had come back with.

We left it sitting fairly high up so that the coilovers could settle in. It was suitable for off road rallying though

I wasn't going to bother taking photos of it until it was sitting right, but it was a nice day so I grabbed a few sneaky ones...

Status
    User ID

Finally got around to lowering it properly. Was a bit too enthusiastic though and wound the BC's the whole way down. Ended up chewing up the right arch-liner before I got to raise it about 15mm. This was it at its lowest

Status
    User ID

...and this is how it sits now. Speed bumps are a cunt, but apart from that it's all good. It needs 10 or 20mm spacers at the back until I get some better fitting wheels for it, but it's taking shape. Finally looks presentable

Forgot to mention that I swapped the Trial skirts for Vertex skirts when I was getting it painted too.

That thing is fucking beautiful!!

Really really good job you've made of it it's crazy aggressive looking but still really smooth.

What kinda power is it running with the hks turbo?

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by JordanCoupe View Post
    That thing is fucking beautiful!!

Really really good job you've made of it it's crazy aggressive looking but still really smooth.

What kinda power is it running with the hks turbo?
    Cheers man! It's pretty tame at the minute. It failed NCT again on Lambda this time, so I figured I'd get it remapped while I was at it. I picked up some Nismo 555's and an RB AFM and went down to Stiv to get a Nistune just to make sure I'd get it through the NCT this time. It hadn't had one since 2012 and I was getting pissed off trying to pass it.

It still has the cat, no boost controller, no gauges, and the fuel pump from when it was N/A. I figured I'd get it Nistuned and then could just drop down to Stiv again in future when I pick up the other bits.

It was making around 266bhp at 0.7bar when the fuel pump ran out of abilities, so Stiv brought it back to a safe 233bhp for the time being. My priority at the time was just to get it through an NCT. I picked up a Walbro 255, a Greddy Profec B II, and a decat for it over the last few weeks, so I'm hoping it'll reach 300 easily enough when I get everything sorted and get the map tweaked. I'll be happy with 300 for a road car for now. Won't try to squeeze much more than that out of an SR - will probably drop an RB25 into it in the future instead