Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register

Thread: what to do?

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Default what to do?

ok iv a black ps13 with the rocket bunny kit
    Im not fitting the wide arches as my 1/4's are way too good to cut!!!

What wheels should i run???
    im thinking

http://www.driftworks.com/work-wheels-meister-cr01.html

and im kinda thinking of sticking with 16"
    but will they fit with the skyline calipers

any one got an idea of offset's i need etc...

an opinion is like an arse hole every 1 has 1

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

anything dished you'll most likely have issues with in 16" covering front skyline calipers. the rears are a lot smaller so don't cause as many issues. I had issues with 16x8" grid drifts with skyline calipers. Whereas i know of a car running advan sa3r in 16" and no problems whatsoever.

The thing is, offset wont help you at all really as it's the shape of the face that determines it. dished wheels are your enemy at 16" with huge brakes. spacers can help you out but you're best off sticking with a convex wheel face. hence why professors (sp1) and meisters (s1) are so popular. their spokes convex just enough to accommodate normal brake upgrades. That said i don't know about 16" sp1s or meisters. If you're set on 16s, you'll no doubt have to run at least a 25mm spacer with cr01. The skyline caliper comes way out from the hub. If you look at the inside of the face of the CR01 you'll see what i mean:

offset doesn't matter when it comes to brakes unless the wheels manufacturer has a special option. some do a 'low disc' option but again i can't see it helping with skyline brakes on s body hubs.

I hope that helps a bit.