Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    di Member
    Status
    User ID

Default Are mondello drift days finished???

Just had a look on there site and it said there are currently not holding any drift practice days??

Am going to be getting myself another drift car in a few weeks and want to get back into drifting... But not to sure about it if mondello arnt doing them any more 😔 It's been like 2 or 3 years since I had a drift car... Is there any new good tracks being?? And is there many people still doing it?? This site was always mad busy when I was doing it but by the looks of it it seems pretty dead? Don't really want to be going out and spending 8-10k on a drift car if nobody's doing it anymore?

Status
    User ID

autoheroes run there drift days now .. see facebook or their web site .
    igr do days in tynagh in galway
    and udc do days in cork in watergrasshill
    good bit to choose from

di Member
    Status
    User ID

as said auto heroes its run by dave egan and the lads from idc. just seen today that they be announcing the next date later this week i think. they run one every month which is nice and always on a weekend (so far aways)

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Ok thanks for that lads il go and have a look at them tracks now 👍

Is there still many people doing it now tho?
    Has mondello stopped completely??

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Shit sorry lads I just looked up autoheros and actually run mondello drift days... My bad I thought they have there own track somewhere or something... Well that's good mondello is still on... But I just seein it says only pro's are aloud take out passengers out?? That's bull shit! That's what was the best part of the day... You and a mate going up to mondello and drifting for the day.... Are they strict on that rule???

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by SUPER 180 View Post
    Shit sorry lads I just looked up autoheros and actually run mondello drift days... My bad I thought they have there own track somewhere or something... Well that's good mondello is still on... But I just seein it says only pro's are aloud take out passengers out?? That's bull shit! That's what was the best part of the day... You and a mate going up to mondello and drifting for the day.... Are they strict on that rule???
    Id like to know this as well, can amateurs bring passengers or is it a big no no?

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

paul a lots changed in 3 years, mondello dont allow passengers now without a full idc spec cage, the wall run has been done away with now. As said dave now runs auto heros and they are a brilliant day with 2 diferent layouts and lots of track time. i havent ventured to cork or galway yet myself

Status
    User ID

The cork days are good, you'd get plenty of track time id say! I have only spectated however!
    The standard wouldn't be what you'd see in the IDC of course!

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by ste View Post
    paul a lots changed in 3 years, mondello dont allow passengers now without a full idc spec cage, the wall run has been done away with now. As said dave now runs auto heros and they are a brilliant day with 2 diferent layouts and lots of track time. i havent ventured to cork or galway yet myself
    Are you still going to mondello mate?

So if they give the cage in my car the "0k" i would be aloud bring passengers?? I looking at a big spec s14 in the UK that has been in a few comps so I'm sure that cage should be up to the standard?

Status
    User ID

Autoheroes is at home in mondello.. Very very well ran & only caged pro-cars have passengers alright but its a different focus of a day to what tynagh would be.. They run two different layouts which is basically an entirely different track so I completely see why no passengers in non caged cars

Well worth doing, oh and theres only one ballsack of a tyre Bale which is a big change to the shit that was going on before & is going on in tynagh