Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by japgarage View Post
    This has definitely come along ways since you bought it. Did you ever do anything with the Nismo rims I dropped to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They're still waiting to be fitted to this. They'll be getting a refurb from sodablast as soon as i can afford it. They're going to be my winter wheels for both s13s depending on which one i have on the road

Quote Originally Posted by lady89 View Post
    Yes, keep updating it

its so cool that its still a daily, i hope it will stay that way for a loooooooong while!
    Yeah there are no plans to change that. Going to keep this insured as the daily and insure the ps13 as a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff nelson sileighty View Post
    When this and your PS get parked beside eacthother I think it'll almost be an over-load of old school cool
    I have a photoshoot with rhys planned already. just need to get the ps13 home first

Quote Originally Posted by hoopsbhoy View Post
    Delighted to see you use this daily man. I always say I'm going to run something cool daily but I always end up doing stupid things and spending to much money ��
    The first thing anyone should do when they want a nice fast road car is to get something and get NCT on it and start driving it. Too many people spend years building their dream car and then sell it in a moment of madness that they regret forever more. And then the prices go up by so much each year that they don't ever buy a new one out of spite

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Default LarZ' Black 180sx (The Ugly Duckling)

I have been chasing a HKS Hi Power Silent for many many years now. And been quite vocal about it, and thankfully someone spotted one for sale on the sxoc forums. He was in the UK and there was no price on the ad but I messaged him anyways. Pics looked ok, a little bit used looking but no leaks. I ended up buying it and getting it shipped very reasonably.

Those of you who know me know I’m a wannabe driveway mechanic with fairy soft hands. But I have a go anyways. So yesterday I took off my old exhaust and offered up the new one and bollocks anyways...

Turns out it’s an s14 exhaust what a balls!!

While I was under the car I noticed that my downpipe was a bit loose from the elbow so I tidied that up too.

Anyways, now i have my dream exhaust for the wrong car. Now my skill set and toolset ends here so I like to admit defeat and give the job to someone who knows what they are doing. So I took the car to automania here in ballincollig this morning. They custom fabricate exhausts and the main goal is to put the hi power silent boxes into the s13/old exhaust. By whatever means they deem necessary.

Status
    User ID

Did you get sorted in the end now?

Click Project Thread
    Click HERE for my blog

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

What a crazy 24 hours... got a call around this time yesterday to say “your exhaust is ready”. I was a little bit surprised as I hadn’t had any word on costs or anything so asked them how much it was gonna cost me....

€250!!! I had to walk there but on the way decided that if the exhaust sounds good and fits well then so be it...

Turns out they didn’t do what I had asked them to do at all, they simply tried to fit the s14 exhaust to my car and it was just a horrible piece of work... I expressed that I wasn’t happy but they said they’d fix it so I left it with them...

The rear looked fine though

But there was no way I’m gonna clear a speed bump or even get into a multi-storey carpark with that middle box hanging so low...

Last night I had an absolutely horrible night’s sleep. Couldn’t stop thinking about the 3 cuts and 2 welds that they wanted me to pay €250 for and the terrible standard of work that they want to put their name on. I decided that first thing this morning I was gonna go down there and get my car back. I hated not having it in my driveway.

Long story short, they hadn’t worked on my car yet so it was ready to go in it’s saggy exhaust state. Fine by me and after a bit of an argument i did end up paying them €175 for the shitty work just so I could get my car back from ransom.

The middle box is sitting below the prop so can’t go higher. But they should have relocated that to the side where there’s a nice recess for the standard middle box to sit.

Anyways, ye’re probably sick of this post now .

On a brighter note, they exhaust sounds sensationally good. I just need it tidied up underneath.

Long story short (again), automania in ballincollig are a bunch of absolute robbing cowboys and I will never set foot in there again.

Hopefully my buddies can sort out the exhaust soon. We’re gonna throw it up on a lift and put their skills to the test while I make tea.

Status
    User ID

Sounds like a nightmare. Its amazing how hard it is to find a place to carry out work properly even though you give them full details on what you want.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

So last night, my buddy alan and I got to work on the exhaust. I had explained to him that I had had the exhaust off and the downpipe and cat sat lovely and flush with the old exhaust and now they were a bloody disgrace, coming down at an angle and about 2” below where they should have been. Turns out the turbo elbow to downpipe was completely loose! Massive blow and they didn’t even fix it. Talk about not having pride in your work.

They cut the back pipe and shortened it, and the geniuses didn’t cop the fact that now the flange sits right under the half shafts! Dumbasses!!!

The exhaust was so low because they messed up the flange angle where it joins the cat. So when you tightened the bolts, it pulled down the exhaust! Novices. And to add insult to injury, they didn’t use a single gasket and it took us ages just to remove the exhaust putty that they used to mask their shitty fitment. Check this out:

Ridiculous. With a tiny cut, we got enough bend to match up the flange correctly after some careful thought. Alan welded it up after making a little bracket. I didn’t get a photo of the finished product but it was bang tidy. Here is a pic of him mocking it up:

He rounded the corners, cut the excess and even sprayed it with some Edd China. With a few new gaskets we were ready to start it all back up again and hey presto, no bangs, no rattles, no knocks. We didn’t even need to relocate the box because we were able to raise it by at least 1”, possibly and inch and half. Which under an s-body is the world of a difference.

Anyways, that’s enough about my boring exhaust I was able to use my car again today and I’m absolutely delighted. Need to do the coilovers and camber arms soon too because I could really do with some nct!

Status
    User ID

Holy moly thats fairly bad.

YAY for Alan!!! haha
    I dont think i could stay calm after seeing this being done to my car

Click Project Thread
    Click HERE for my blog

Absolute butchers. It’s like everything in this country... if you want it done right you have to do it yourself. Some people are only out to make quick money and couldn’t give a f$$k about your standards.

Fast cars are only as fast as the boys pushing them for you!

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Default LarZ' Black 180sx (The Ugly Duckling)

Yeah it’s sad that one fella with minimal experience was able to fix a problem that a self proclaimed exhaust fabrication shop put their name to.

Anyways I’m delighted to be driving it again even though the whole ordeal only took 3 days. That’s a long time to be without your daily driver. I have oem wheels on it for now and full oem look as I really like how simple it looks and it’s easy to live with as a daily.

I never put up any images before of my nismo steering wheel and my nismo gear knob. Both old logo. I need to fit my nismo clocks but the thoughts of removing my dash gives me the heebies... although I have a clean dash in the shed ready to replace my cracked one too...

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

I fitted new hinges. Did a write-up here if you're interested: http://www.driftireland.com/forum/sh...200sx-or-240sx