Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Status
    User ID

Nice to read dude. Ya can tell your passionate about the car and yes spats make a great difference

Nice this is the type of 180 i want haha standard lookin but low on 15" 16"

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

No major updates on this. Getting rid of the raised cupholder centre console compartment. It wrecks my head when I change gear while driving it in anger. My funny bone is wrecked from it.

It flew through the NCT recently but it's still raised and looking crap. I have some minor bits in with the painter to touch up so I should have it looking great again soon. Still meaning to swap out the dash for a non-cracked one and get the wheels refurbed.

It was a great compliment when Dave Daly (who owned the car 3 years ago) drove it and told me I had done an amazing job with it. He couldn't get over how well it drove.

Still driving this daily but it will be coming off the road in November and parking up beside the ps13. I have a baby due in January so I'm going to have to be seen to make some bit of sacrifice Need to find another daily. Something 'sensible'. I have my eye on a mid engined rear wheel drive car. Yep... Sensible... Because I'm looking for a smart brabus. I've always wanted one Don't give me that look

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

so it's now november and i just taxed this again... Can't put it off the road yet... the baby will have to put up with it!

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

so much to update in this. Please reply if you want me to go to the effort

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Quick update on this. Baby is happy and healthy and well over a year later the 180sx is STILL taxed and insured and STILL my daily. I just love the thing! It has gotten loads of new little bits here and there.

Went to the last minute juicebox meet in 2016:

A couple of local Cars and Coffee events

I even got approached by Ryan Tuerck and Chris Forsberg at Festival of Drift in 2017 and couldn't resist going all 'fanboy' on it and got a pic with the two lads and of course also my car:

Other than that, not been doing much other than daily driving it. The alternator packed in at one point and I changed it myself. very proud moment for someone as mechanically retarded as I am

Picked up a cool old school Cusco front strut brace

Also fitted some of my prized nismo bits. My 400r steering wheel and horn button and also an old logo nismo chrome shift knob.

NCT has been a bit of a battle this time with tiny stupid things going wrong. an imbalance in the front coilovers and lack of a helper spring in the rears causing the springs to be loose when the car is jacked up prompted me to get new coilovers which i still haven't fitted. I got Pedders Extreme Xa coilovers. They came up for sale relatively cheap, and they're brand new.

Other than that, my meshes need a refurb but the silvia is eating all my money so i've gone super OEM and put some linglong rubber on some OEM wheels that i have. And I think the car actually looks unreal. It's a nice change. I need to put the kit back on though

Life has been crazy with the baby arriving and my time is very limited at the moment. I'm lucky to be able to have this on the road all the time, otherwise i wouldn't be able to enjoy it at all.

Status
    User ID

Delighted to see you use this daily man. I always say I'm going to run something cool daily but I always end up doing stupid things and spending to much money 😂

Senior Member jeff nelson sileighty's Avatar
    Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

When this and your PS get parked beside eacthother I think it'll almost be an over-load of old school cool

Status
    User ID

Yes, keep updating it

its so cool that its still a daily, i hope it will stay that way for a loooooooong while!

Click Project Thread
    Click HERE for my blog

This has definitely come along ways since you bought it. Did you ever do anything with the Nismo rims I dropped to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fast cars are only as fast as the boys pushing them for you!