Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
    di Member
    Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Default Best way to get abit of extra lock

Hows things lads lookin for the best way to get some extra steering angle in an r32 skyline its a road car so has to be fairly safe at the same time iv heard about removing lock stops and all but my hubs dont even reach the lock stops as it is just wondering about getting hubs cut and that sort of thing thanks

Status
    User ID

Cheapest way is a few spring washers in the steering rack. Loads of how to do this threads online. There's a few lads that modify hubs on here too. Hope that helps

di Member
    Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by batman026 View Post
    Cheapest way is a few spring washers in the steering rack. Loads of how to do this threads online. There's a few lads that modify hubs on here too. Hope that helps
    Ye i was goin to order offset rack spacers but wasnt to sure how they work and i keep hering about moving the steering rack forward but once again i dono how that would help

Status
    User ID

You do not need Offset Rack Spacers.

As batman said, you need a few spring washers fitted to the steering rack end of your tie rods. Cheapest and easiest way for more lock.

If you want to be posh, you can buy a pair of Tein Tie Rods which come with a spacer, you can buy Tie Rod ends too if you want to do both jobs in one since you'll need an alignment anyway.

This video will help to explain what you need to do, apart from the dodgy accent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0a8z6NKLSE

You can use spring washers rather than the GKTech ones that lad uses, like these http://www.driftworks.com/steering-angle-spacers.html but I'm sure you can get some local.

Last edited by e30h26; 13-08-15 at 10:56.

James spillane makes proper good rack spacers give him a shout on facebook

"helmet and a pair of balls" markII-90

di Member
    Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Thats great lads and the little spacer will make a big difference