User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Ptank View Post
    This thing is so fucking bad ass
    Thanks dude

Instagram: tom_cullen94

di Member
    Status
    User ID

A few pics from Auto Heroes, had an amazing day and was great to hear such great comments on the car!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

But the day did have a negative, on the way there, about half way, I was driving down the motorway and I heard a bang, followed by a loud whine, imidiatly thought gearbox. I got out and could smell gear oil already, so I began to cry. Then went to the back of the car and it was covered in oil. Looked underneath and was strangely releaved when I saw a hole in the backplate of my diff. The diff was still working, i suspect a bit of a weld broke off. So I said fuck it I'm going to mondello either way, its gonezo anyway. Arrived and a few lads had a look, all i got was oooohhhh... Haha. Drove it home and just pulled over every little while and topped up the oil in it. Took it slow and got it home!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Defo worth it for the pics though! And I'm not too annoyed because now I have an excuse to get a 2way!

Status
    User ID

This actually looks way lower in person than in pics lol

Status
    User ID

That's it man. Get a 2 way in it. Way better to drive with it as well

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Mk2glenn splitting atoms like the hovercraft look!
    Derek yeah it'll turn into a positive I suppose! Paint ideas are coming into my head, but nothing is settled.I also want to weld in flares in the rear arches first! Think about 50mm should do it

di Member
    Status
    User ID

OK so I haven't been on in a while, but I'll give a small update of where I'm at right now.
    On the positive side of things, I made it on speedhunters. Thats 1000 internet points too me.
    [IMG][/IMG]

The car had a few flat spots from the plugs being sitting around so long, and also a pretty bad boost leak, which had been professionally fixed with tape.
    So I got myself some hks iridium plugs and a new silicone connector and it's running smooth as ever now.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

And as for the negative... I got an impact gun yesterday, so I decided I'd test it and take my diff out and see if I could get away with just rewelding it and getting a new backplate. When I went to drain it, no oil came out, and the plug looked like this...
    [IMG][/IMG]

After seeing that, I knew there was no chance, but like any young curious man, I decided to stick my finger in the hole, and pulled out all of these.
    [IMG][/IMG]

So the diff is still in the car, and with the bit of sunshine we're getting lately I've an awful horn to drive it again.
    So the plan now, being on a student budget, get an open diff, attempt to nct it, and then weld the diff properly if it passes nct and do a drift day. Then save for an LSD during summer. I can't take the waiting anymore!!

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

some dose man! A two way is the right job. Keep the open diff and you'll always be able to sell on the two way after. I know they're not cheap but they're a good investment. I need to buy one of those LIDL impact guns actually.

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by LarZ View Post
    some dose man! A two way is the right job. Keep the open diff and you'll always be able to sell on the two way after. I know they're not cheap but they're a good investment. I need to buy one of those LIDL impact guns actually.
    Between college and booking a holiday, I think I will have to go with an open diff for the time being, perfection takes time!!