Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will they fit?

Status
    User ID

Default Will they fit?

Ok so I bought Lowenhart Glanzard Meshes from JDM Distro a good while back and I'm still waiting on my car back from paint.

Sizes are as follows: fronts 18x9.5 +15 rears 18x10.5 +15

Will they fit on my 180sx without a spacer to clear the s14 calipers does anyone know? As if they do they should fit perfectly as i tried them on a 180 with standard brakes but same wings as mine.

Last edited by DSlide93; 10-12-21 at 22:25.

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

afaik you don't ever know until you try when it comes to brake clearance. Some wheels have the lowdisk fitment for rears which allows for more dish, but really you could have 2 wheels with the same specs, one with a flat face and the other with a curved concave face (grid drift for instance) and the rota will clear the brakes but the flat faced wheel wont. I'm open to being corrected though.

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by LarZ View Post
    afaik you don't ever know until you try when it comes to brake clearance. Some wheels have the lowdisk fitment for rears which allows for more dish, but really you could have 2 wheels with the same specs, one with a flat face and the other with a curved concave face (grid drift for instance) and the rota will clear the brakes but the flat faced wheel wont. I'm open to being corrected though.
    Ah right i get Larz thanks. The wait for the car back is killing me so I just want to know in advance lol

Status
    User ID

Ye I had 18x9.5 et30 on the front of my old sil80, with skyline brakes and needed a 10mm spacer to clear the brakes. I know it's different calipers but mite help ya

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by derek89 View Post
    Ye I had 18x9.5 et30 on the front of my old sil80, with skyline brakes and needed a 10mm spacer to clear the brakes. I know it's different calipers but mite help ya
    Ah right fuck I'll have to wait and see

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

I'm facing a similar issue with my ps13 tbh. Failed NCT on axles being wider than the body. Stupid z32 brakes on the front causing the issue really...

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by LarZ View Post
    I'm facing a similar issue with my ps13 tbh. Failed NCT on axles being wider than the body. Stupid z32 brakes on the front causing the issue really...
    Ah right raging, mine will be fine once i dont need a spacer hopefully

di Member
    Status
    User ID

are you going for wider rear 1/4 panels? the wheels don't fit on the back and that will fail the test

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by leeK9 View Post
    are you going for wider rear 1/4 panels? the wheels don't fit on the back and that will fail the test
    The car above isn't mine as I said in the original post I just used it to see how they looked as mine has been away being painted since last august(that's story for a rainy day lol).

My car has 50mm overfenders so I'll be using a spacer on the back anyways to fill the arch, just worried about how the front will sit and fit as I have s14 calipers on the front and I'm wondering wil i get away without a spacer.

Status
    User ID

They fit better on mine i think the laurel should have them back ��. Ull know soon enuf tho ������������