So it's update time as finally I got made use of the nice weather yesterday to work on the R32.

So after being let down massively after all my work last summer with the return of the debilitating misfire in the Skyline at anything over 3500 - 400RPM I decided just to park it up and wait to get a chance to bringing it to a tuner to look at.... well me being me, I couldn't be bothered waiting to do that.

So I did get a box of overnight parts which included 12 coilpacks, 2 coilpack looms, and a JIC Magic Decat Pipe courtesy of Andy Joyce in Japan. Now seemingly An Post doesn't care too much for parcel conditions but every was fine inside which was the important part.

You'll have to imagine the contents as I didn't take a picture at the time, just think coilpacks. I decided that I would spend paddy's day trying to solve my misfire issue some more, so in preparation I went and got a new set of plugs, nothing special just the standard plugs and some Dielectrice Silicone Grease, Unfortunately no one in galway had heard of this before and all looked pretty stumped when I asked about it, but on a mission to try anything, I ordered some off ebay..... Of course it didn't arrived until this afternoon but as luck would have it, my dad actually had a tube of it in the shed, so i didn't have to put my plan on hold. My plan being to follow the instructions of this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qirx_G4x5i0

At this point I was wiling to give anything a shot. So I took all the coils off and took the sparkplugs out........ Seems they were the wrong plugs.....BPR8ES, pretty manky, something definitely awry here.

So I decided to fully follow what the dude does in the video and test the coilpacks and if there are any problematic ones that can be seen.

(See 19 seconds on in the video below)

So after testing them it was pretty clear to see there was a bit of an issue, this is where the dielectric silicone comes in

As per the first video I cleaned off the coilpacks, took off the boots and applied lots of dielectric

After these were all back together and I had used lots of dielectric, it was time to put in fresh sparks plugs, the right ones this time, BCPR6ES-11

Skip to an hour ahead in time and everything is bolted back on, Time for a test run. So things were a bit iffy at first, engine started fine, idled fine, car stuttered and hesitated a bit while i was driving to a main road. After a minute or too of being stuck behind a tractor, I wen to over take and my god, what a difference it revved so freely up to redline without missing a single beat. I've never had the car run so good before.

All said and done, I highly recommend the aussie guys guide for coilpacks.

In other news, I also got some new wheels, a lovely set of R33 GTRs. I picked them up back at the end of January from Johnnyrb.

Again, I only got around to putting these on last weekend

Before:

After:

I had to raise the suspension a bit as the fronts a just a small bit too wide because of the bolt on spacers I have, but I'll sort that further down the line.

Next on the list of things to do is to wire in this old school Apexi RSM that my bro got me for xmas.

So that's everything for this very second in time, will have another short post tomorrow probably