Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
    Status
    User ID

Default VRT on a conversion

What's the story paying vrt on a conversion? Car was originally auto n/a but had a manual and turbo conversion done in japan, will this matter if I go to vrt it?

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Marese Hanley View Post
    What's the story paying vrt on a conversion? Car was originally auto n/a but had a manual and turbo conversion done in japan, will this matter if I go to vrt it?
    100% yes, that's from experience.

I brought in a 99 r34 skyline last year. 4 door. Had rb26 gtr engine conversion

They requested engineers report to be done and all because of conversion

That's fhe report I got done by abc motor engineers down in wexford they came to the car and all and inspected it. Was spot on so it was fine but it was a nuisance

Your paperwork? Was the engine conversion noted on your paperwork? Sad report and paperwork should have engine code on it? If it's being changed on the paperwork then it's gonna be caught straight away that's how they caught mine. Some the Japanese change them some don't.
    If it's not noted on paperwork do not mention it at all. You'll get away with it due to their lack of knowledge in the vrt inspections.
    If it's noted then you are 100% gonna be caught for it.

Status
    User ID

No it wont make any difference once the car was available with the running gear from the factory, NA-Turbo SR20, NA-RB25 R34, NA-1JZ Turbo Chaser etc.

Big difference if your throwing an engine not available as a factory option IE: 2JZ into a chaser or 1JZ into a silvia or as graham found out a RB26 into a gts-t/gtt skyline vrt wise.

What stevo sed is rite I had no problem wit it neway