Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
    Status
    User ID

Default Global warfare after thoughts

Hasn't been done in a while so had to start 1.
    where do ya start, was gutted the achilles cars didn't make it but hey there here for jap fest.

The Saturday was awesome as usual and got burned to a crisp which was a first at mondello. Hats off to chuck and dunne for doing so well on the Sunday as well.

Have to say the global warfare layout is by far the best track to watch now and can only imagine how scary it is throwing it at the wall ha.

Highlight of the Sunday for me was shanahan v fink, unreal chasing and lead runs. Daigo just seems to turn it up whenever he feels like it and just shows his talent behind the wheel. Still can't believe two 15yr olds were in the final and fair play to kiely for taking the win.

On to the next rnd and keep this undefeated streak going.

Grandstand in a ridiculous place &where was the 2nd one....

Status
    User ID

Was there sunday and got sunburned red raw! Was a good day though. Chucky done very well in the pro class and should have gone further.

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

The driving was just on a SICK level. I know tuerck, saito and nishida weren't driving their 'own' cars but they would be used to hopping between cars anyways so it's not that big of an excuse. Ok, Nishida didn't really get to put up a fight after his crash on friday.

I have to say that the way Jack Shanahan and Tomas Kiely Dealt with Luke Fink and Daigo Saito respectively, show amazing skill and maturity. They both managed to suck in FAR FAR more experienced drivers by running a next to flawless entry that obviously pushed the big name opponents out of their comfort zones. Kearney was immense too and during my time drifting i've never seen him drive as well as he does lately. He saw off McKeever nicely, even though my money would have been on McKeever to knock out some of the international heavyweights. It's simply insane to think that this happened here in ireland lads.

I had to watch the livestream as i couldn't make it to mondello myself but constantly found myself wishing i was there. I could feel the atmosphere through the at times poor sound quality. The Pit Cam is a MUST for future events. When Martin Ffrench swung the jack at the rear quarter of Fink's car with the help of John Shanahan. Or when Jack helped Fink with the pressures and then they fist-pumped just before jack ran back to his car on the starting line. That's magic. The entertainment value was so immense.

I think that on a given day, any pro driver can do well and knock out a heavyweight. But with James absent and doing us proud in Europe, an all irish podium was more than we could have wished for.

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Yes the pit cam worked really well especially with the events on the day.

When I looked back on the livestream Fink was unlucky to get the omt time call against jack. He seems to have been penalised heavily for dropping one wheel over the line.

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnedriftin View Post
    Grandstand in a ridiculous place &where was the 2nd one....
    Agree, Grandstand did not work where it was, on Saturday there was about 40 people around us on the right hand side, i counted 7 people sound a sleep,

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Status
    User ID

Was such a good event. Was a year or two since I attended a drift event and never had to book the grand stand before. Really cool to see how popular it has become.

Go Drifting or Go To Hell Baz_180's Avatar
    Status
    User ID

Holy thread revival! �� I presume your talking about the event yesterday...

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

haha i started reading this and i was like "Hang on, Fink v shanahan?!".

Status
    User ID

Oops. My bad. Did not look at the date. Seen it at the top of the events and the title so just assumed it was for 2016.