Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Saw it in the flesh for the first time the other day at Auto Heroes. It's stunning. Fair play.

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Ye Rory I don't know what to do about wheels. Maybe I'll order the centre caps and see how I feel jus I can't get used to the narrow wheel look

Status
    User ID

If there could be a bit of poke similar to the cosmis wheels fitment, it would look much better. But I like the gtr's on it! Looks straight out of japland in those pics.

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Decided that wheels are going. I much rather the wider look it had. So I'll prob end up on another set of Jr's as the budget won't allow the likes of ssr or work etc.

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

So i sold the r34 gtr wheels as i just couldnt warm to them at all. i decided to go against all i believe in and buy some Brand new genuine wheels (LOL). I knew id need to save for a while as i have a few other commitments that take priority so parked the r34 in the shed and put it up on stands. I was looking at so many wheels and really struggled to choose, i feel if i had a big street hugging body kit i could fuck any style of wheel on and it would work out but because my car is styled quite subtly it made it harder. I looked down the lines of Cosmis, Ssr and various other brands and the only style of wheel i felt i wanted was the Work XD9 ,but as we all know the wheels have been discontinued for the last 2 years. The closest i could find was the Xd9s replacement , the WORK D9R so i went on the hunt for a set. I managed to find a set brand new in boxes in the uk that a guy bought and never used which was a win win for me because i got them in the sizes i wanted without having to wait 8 weeks for a special order from driftworks. The sizes i got where 18x9.5 et12 fronts an18x10.5 et15 finished in ash titan bronze.

These sizes are quite a big ask for factory r34 arches so i will have to run a lot of stretch on both front and rear tyres . I dont mind as this was always just intended to be a cruiser. I will also have to run some neg camber which is fine in the rear as ive upgraded all suspension arms to adjustable but meant having to purchase some front camber arms which are more expensive than i thought , me being used to s-bodies. I came across a set of used Cusco front camber arms that had been modified to adjust as far as -7degrees which is a lot more than ill ever be running so done a deal with the guy and got them sent over.

I was never gonna fit the arms in the state they were in so spent a few hours giving them a refurb and they look all the better for it i think..

ill be fitting the wheels etc in 2 weeks or so i wanna change centre caps to red and also wanna try pick up some red Work wheel nuts.

as always opinions and thoughts are welcomed

Status
    User ID

Nice, great what a bit of effort can do

Status
    User ID

Them wheels

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Definitely marty. No point fitting the arms as they were

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

well got few more jobs done on this and have it taxed from today so using it as my daily driver for the summer.

Got the modified Cusco front camber arms in

I had planned on buying 4 decent tyres for the wheels but got impatient so fitted 4 new 225/40/18 kendas i had sitting up from the drift car. The fronts have some stretch and the rears have alot with the rears being 10.5j

At theis point i was still unsure on the wheels. In my opinion they needed something to brighten them up so i went and ordered some red WORK EMOTION centre caps to change from the black ones i got with the wheels.

My girlfriend suprised me by ordering me some red WORK wheel nuts. Expensive at 130 odd euro delivered but wanted to have the whole lot work. they only weight 25g each and have 4 lock nuts included too

threw the wheels on to see how i was looking for fitment as i wanted the car as low and phat loooking as i could make it, this ride height and camber wont be to everyones taste but in my opinion 4doors need to be low

heres some pics of how it sits now and have to say i love the look now.

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

Another piece that arrived from my Aero parts supplier was my replica oem boot spoiler. The fit on this is 100% and is currently in getting painted and should have it back on saturday. There is tiny skim of filler needed as from the factory this spoiler is fitted with a 3rd brake light but this spoiler has that blanked off leaving a much cleaner look i feel