Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Status
    User ID

cooling panel fitted

picked up a new bumper vertex from keith bart o shea

bought a new battery as other one died and sent her on her way with hawk recovery to get last few bits done.

Status
    User ID

collected the seats in clonmel this morning from tuxedo fabrication and performance, massive thanks check them out. the detail is unreal even down to the logo on the rails, fitted them then. fit perfect.

trial fitted the vertex bumper
    think ill bolt this on instead of cable ties!

Last edited by michealkirwan; 02-03-17 at 10:54.

Status
    User ID

in kilkenny im surrounded by gt4s! theres 4 owned by 3 close friends. great car to drive!

got number plates on bumper and mocked up indicators also fitted the grille. the mirror switch is back working and ive separated old clock for the rev counter as mine started fucking up.

nect is get it nct ive a leak from the rack boot i think fix a side skirt thats it i think
    then bring to waterford and wrap the bonnet and flush that vent as the rivits are annoying me and wrap the bumper
    then to clonmel to tuxedo to lower the seats more and shine up the boot lid there.

Status
    User ID

car is nctd flew thge test just had to change the tyres as they were stretched. so happy about that. made it to mondello for autoheroes after bringing spare wheels etc the stretch on the front made it steer like shite and a serious vibration. had a loose tie rod so sorted that too. since then the manifold blow from the turbo to the downpipe that gasket is fucked. the sump is leaking and the rocker cover was too. changed all the seals in the rocker cover so thats sorted. had the turbo out to find the leak was missing a few bolts so replaced them i hate fucking turbo lines braided or not!
    getting the lips polished at the moment on the works theyve grown on nme and plus i bought new 18s for the rear wil need 18 inch tyres for the front two but in due course. christ its all money.

Status
    User ID

Been a while.So got the wheels back from jeff nelson all polished and on the car. raised the car a bit ans still rubbing a little at the rear but fuck it!then went to killarney but before that the manifold one decided to crack the prick so got it welded and put back on and cracked again said fuck this and bought a standard manifold from donal mooney and a standard s14 journal turbo from charlie williams. got a gasket from both petko and jack brett! irish post is a joke. so ive a spare manifold to turbo gasket there. put it altogether and still smoking but not as much so think its the downpipe warped its a new gasket on that too. the old turbo was welded to the manifold from the last owner so its sitting in the boot of my corolla. its smoking as i accelerate or going up a hill or incline. one of many attempts to seal.
    killarney was good craic and the car made it up molls gap but was a struggle with the old manifold.
    some pics with stephen conlons rocketbunny 180sx

my favourite pic of it down there.

anyway selling it now due to college

Status
    User ID

been a while, car all in one colour had an issue with oil feed line to turbo, rethreaded it and all good no more smoke or leaks.
    brought to the donegal rally and entered a show and shine. a rattle came into it stopped car turns out the bottom end bearings decided to let go.

i never drove her hard barely even done the speed limit but my heart is broke with it, its for sale or soon to be broke, all it literally needs is an engine.

Last edited by michealkirwan; 18-06-17 at 17:07.

Status
    User ID

That's a pain in the backside man. After all your tinkering to get her your way