Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R33 gtst s1

Status
    User ID

Default R33 gtst s1

so i picked up a spec1 r33 last week in cork. for an apsolute steal going by todays values. it is a bit rough round the edges. but has a few small bits under the bonnet. and even came with a brand new set of brides that ar as fake as pamela andersons knockers, a genuine nardi steering wheel that i came across in the boot buried under loads of parts, and a fake momo wheel on the car, witch pizzled me a bit?

anyways here is a few pics, not much to look at, but will do the job for a few drift days during the summer. then i will be pulling engine and box out to drop into my rx7 after the fun is had..

Status
    User ID

Nice buy pal a mate of mine that I worked wit owned it nd doubt he ever even threw it sideway. Well wear wit it

Status
    User ID

thanks lad it isnt a bad old motor....going to sort out a few bits that need doing. bigger injectors, z32 afm, mani and then map it with nistune. run a bit more hp then.

Status
    User ID

Best of luck with it. Not many about in the colour! Lovely car

Status
    User ID

Nice find! Rare in red I'd imagine. Like the colour myself.

Status
    User ID

tanx lads....its a respray job. was a burgendy color before(most discusting colour the 33 came in)....but everything bar behind light pannel at the back of the car was painted red doors engine bay etc is all done.

di Member
    Status
    User ID

its very nice in red.. any big plans for the car set of wheels etc ?

Status
    User ID

thanks lad. no not really any big plans for it.....i originally bought it to pull the rb25 and gearbox and loom out and drop all into my fd3 and break the rest. engine wise it is a sound car but the bulk heads are a bit worse for wear. but skyline r33s are known for rotting away there. il drive it and drift it at a few events over the summer and crack on at the rx7 over the winter time.

im gathering a few bits up here and there to get engine mapped. will be happy to see 350hp out of it.

Status
    User ID

Love these in red. Health to drive.

Status
    User ID

So for an update on this thing, i raffeled off my rx7 (love it or hate it, i didnt want people wasting my time) i just came to terms and realised that it was far too clean to do what i originally set out to do(drift it) and cut my losses before i got too deep into a money pit. i had actually bought the r33 to do an rb25 engine conversion on the rx7. but the calculator came out and the end figure was just insane. anyways Trevor Murphy Won the car. Hopfully it will see a road soon, it will be getting a 13b transplanted back in. But anyway more to the point, i havnt realy got much time for the r33 to be honest, between working and family. but i am getting there. plan to have it running without any faults by the end of February (had originally tought id have it going for a few days out over the summer...iv had a bit of time to get it sorted. theirs not much left to do, kinda loosing intrest in this one aswell as it just seems like a never ending money pit like any other car i buy....

was driving it for a bit, then this happened....

soooo i blew the clutch, pressure plate shattered and busted an 8inch hole trough the side of the bellhousing.... which resulted in having to replace a clutch, flywheel and box. i had an unlknown aftermarket clutch kit in it. only after dropping the box i discovered it was an XTD clutch kit, googled it, and supposibly common for them to just explode under load. not a good item to buy if you want to keep your
    legs. so i went and put an exedy clutch, nismo lightweight flywheel and a rebuilt box back in.

new clutch kit

i have a thing for the color red

i now have all the parts i needed to get it ready for mapping....

it will be sent to stiv in MDTuning as iv read and heard alot of gud reports about him. it is going to be mapped on a Nistune Chipboard and il be running it on a 300zx ecu.

that dreaded parts list that i tought would never end....
    what i have so far,

-Walbro 255lph pump
    -Gtr Coilpacks
    -Nismo 555cc injectors
    -Nismo Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
    -Metal Headgasket
    -Aluminium Rad
    -New Frontmount Intercooler With new Pipework
    -Forge Dumpvalve
    -Toyosports Bottom mount manifold - impulse buy! doubt it will last a wet week!
    -HKS Adjustable Actuator
    -Apexi SuperSuction filter kit
    -Screamer Pipe
    -3 inch Downpipe
    -Straight pipe
    -Dmac Touge Shotgun pipes
    -Cusco 2way diff
    -Apexi A-VCR boost controller
    -Defi Racer Gauges
    -Bee*r Rev Limiter
    -Hks Turbo Timer
    -Exedy Clutch Kit
    -Nismo Lightweight Flywheel

All genuine filters for service aswell.

-Recaro Carbon Kevlar Spg on Bride Rail
    -Recoar Speed Recliner For passo side
    -Takata 5point Harness
    -Nardi deepcorn Wheel
    -Driftworks hydro Handbrake with knuckle duster handle
    -Japspeed Front Camber Arms
    -Japspeed Steering Arm Tie Rods
    -Japspeed Tie Rod Ends
    -Japspeed Superlock Tension Rods
    -Driftworks Offset Rackspacers
    -Solid Subframe Bushes
    -Gtr Quantum Coilovers up Front Bridgestone NPG Coilovers in the Rear

interior pic.....

painted rocker covers and fitted mani

got rid of the old fmic, for a new one bigger core and pipework directed a different way.
    old one..

new one..

had to order bushes for the front coilovers off quantum, i boght these coilovers 2nd hand and the bushes were missing. could not get over how much qunatum wanted for 2 bushes, 1 on each coilover.....140pound stirling for 2 of them

i may be interested in selling the rear quantum coilovers if anyone is interested.
    these are supposibly the best coilover money can buy for an r33 gtr going from reviews on gtr.co.uk. starting price on the is 3000pound stirling from what iv read aswell.

exterior wise, it will be staying similar to how its looking now....just until i get some more seat time.
    done a general tidy up of the weather worn paint underneath

pulled the loom up over the arch liner so i could run the car a bit lower

DIY'd up a splitter from the womans old accord cl7 rear bumper.

fitted a nismo style bonnet vent i bought from the lads at tyrehangar.

painted it up, made some headlight eyebrows to give it a bit of agression, the spec 1 r33 is pretty boring loking in my opinion. also tinted the headlights.....

i have a set of full GTR overs to go on the rear, have some 50mm rivit on arches to go on over the gtr's and on the front arches i plan on cutting the steel arches and putting rivit on arches, i picked these up from the lads in tyre hangar aswell, the wuality and fitment on all the fiberglass they sell is perfect quality. il eventaully be running my Work VS-XX wheels after i get dishes bought, they will be roughly 18x13 on the rear and 18x10.5 up front. just for looks . still need to modify the hubs on for some more extra lock.

tyrehangar gtr overs

this is the cars current state, i know the red sun visor is marmite, but i like it. and thats all that matters, right?

have a Dmac wing blade i am currently getting legs made up for, it will be replicating the BigCountryLabs wing.

its currently sitting low mounted, which i actually like...

thats all the updates i have so far....will get more as i go along.