Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    di Member
    Status
    User ID

Default responsive turbo for sr20?

As above what other turbos other than 2871r are good,reliable and responsive on an sr, and what do I look for when buying second hand? Also are tdo6 really Laggy? Thanks in advance for any info...
    Running
    Blacktop vvt
    Stock 14 turbo
    550's
    Aem tru boost
    Z32
    Full exhaust
    255 pump
    Power fc
    Looking to pull about 300-350 hp car will be for track use only

Hks gtrs are very good for the money you pay and a lot more reliable than 2871. Have one on my own car and there's plenty of power in it. You'd easily knock 350hp out of one with a good map.td06 are laggy alright all your power will be up high which means a lot more hardship on the car clutch kicking it low down in the revs trying to get it to boost and get up in the revs. there also a pain because you have to buy a whole kit manifold wastegate lines elbow downpipe and manifolds are always cracking on them. With the gtrs all you need is turbo same lines manifold elbow fits it's direct replacement

Last edited by mattybyrne2008; 13-03-15 at 08:06.
    "helmet and a pair of balls" markII-90

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by mattybyrne2008 View Post
    Hks gtrs are very good for the money you pay and a lot more reliable than 2871. Have one on my own car and there's plenty of power in it. You'd easily knock 350hp out of one with a good map.td06 are laggy alright all your power will be up high which means a lot more hardship on the car clutch kicking it low down in the revs trying to get it to boost and get up in the revs. there also a pain because you have to buy a whole kit manifold wastegate lines elbow downpipe and manifolds are always cracking on them. With the gtrs all you need is turbo same lines manifold elbow fits it's direct replacement
    Is that turbo the gt28rs ya? I see a lot of people using gtss turbo aswel and hks 2530 any info on these?

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Tdo6 are awful bad over 4 before full boost Bradley runs these precision Turbos spools the same as a standard turbo and makes 350 easy on a stock engine
    I had 1 of those hks 2530 turbos fitted on my s13 years ago there a savage responsive turbo instant boost

Status
    User ID

im buying a car with a hks gtss on it and its unbelievably quick spooling!! hope this helps

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Thanks for the replies lads very helpful must look into the second hand market for something now

Status
    User ID

Best bank for buck is the Tomei Arms M7960 kit 400 plus rated, comes with turbo, actuator, new braided lines, gasket, inlet everything need bar a manifold! Around €1200 delivered from Tomei Japan

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Best bank for buck is the Tomei Arms M7960 kit 400 plus rated, comes with turbo, actuator, new braided lines, gasket, inlet everything need bar a manifold! Around €1200 delivered from Tomei Japan
    Been looking at them Stephen but they are out of my price range unfortunately serious piece of kit tho I agree, will only have about 6-800 to spend in about 2 weeks

Status
    User ID

Cracking job, and journal bearing so will last forever

di Member
    Status
    User ID

i also have a hks gtrs. Brilliant turbo. Very responsive.