Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by sideways-theonlyway View Post
    Great work lad, looking forward to seeing this up and running.
    Cheers Paul, Looking forward to having it finished myself!
    Out of work with a broken leg at the moment so plenty of time to work it.... but no wage.. a least I get the little niggly bits done!

Status
    User ID

No major updates,
    Took the fuel tank out yesterday, never realized how dirty the underneath of the car was....
    Going to pull the car out tomorrow on a dolley and powerwash it all down. May shultz it depending on how shitty looking it is.

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Cool build looking good man

Status
    User ID

Build is going a lot slower then i would like but as im sure you all know, money doesn't grow on trees

Anyway,

Decided that if I wanted to do this build right, Getting the suspension and lock right was quite important.
    Although cheapy cut and welded hubs and wishbones were nice and cheap, i splashed out and bought this sweet little kit,

The Drift Shops IRP e36 lock kit.

The lads were absolute gentlemen to deal with and have some savage parts for sale. Im really happy with how the kit looks, its extremely solid and well made, so lets try not break it when i eventually get rolling

Also bought this new radiator on the cheap, Its not branded but for €50 I cant complain as it seems alright

Managed to lower the engine a slight bit more too, Its still sitting way to hight but without spending money of a custom sump it seems like it'll have to stay the way it is for the time being.
    Really happy with how far back the engine is sitting though!

Bought a couple of other smaller things but il wait until they are on the car to show them,
    IDC always sparks a bit of motivation in me so il try my best, Have some for saving to do firstly

Status
    User ID

Keep at it man-fair play. How much for the lock kit?? Where did you get the rad for that price?

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin k View Post
    Keep at it man-fair play. How much for the lock kit?? Where did you get the rad for that price?
    €750 for the kit Only 1 or 2 degree less lock then wisefab i do believe so i was happy with the price for what i was getting.
    Mad Racing in Waterford had it as really old stock so he has a little clear out for cheap.

Senior Member sideways-theonlyway's Avatar
    Status
    User ID

Yeah it looks like a sweet bit of kit, if I dont make dirt of the car this year hopefully I'll get it next winter. Few lads using it this year so see how they like it when they get used to it.

Coming along nicely Jack, doing the same build myself but I decided to go with the custom sump, sent it down to john stone to do that and the mounts and he gave me a great price, should sit nice and low then the new sump clears the subframe, what are you thinking for the rear are you staying with a BMW set up?

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by steveoio View Post
    Coming along nicely Jack, doing the same build myself but I decided to go with the custom sump, sent it down to john stone to do that and the mounts and he gave me a great price, should sit nice and low then the new sump clears the subframe, what are you thinking for the rear are you staying with a BMW set up?
    Cheers I priced up the sump/mounts kit pre made from japan but was coming to around €1600 so was way out of budget :/
    I honestly didn't even ask or see if anyone else could do it for me because i thought it could cost a lot, if its not to expensive i would be very interested though as its something i have wanted to get done from the start!!
    Sticking with the bmw rear, Planning on getting the subframe reinforcement plates from turner Motorsport anyway for strength, rear camber arms, and try get a good ratio diff and see how it goes first of all, don't want to be putting big money in to the rear yet anyway.

Instagram: jackshiel_

No problem, yeah that the one I was looking at very pricey yea I'd give john stone a shout he's a tasty fabricator and shocking decent, delighted I found this tread thought I was the only one sring an e36