Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Status
    User ID

I managed to make the top 32, to be paired with a seriously modified sr86

We were the last battle of the top 32, the 86 chased first run, then it was my turn. First run I thought I did ok, though when I had to chase I just couldnt keep up. That was me knocked out, though it was a fantastic days fun! The only damage sustained was a broken rear spat, and I was the only man to drive to the track, compete, then drive home.

Status
    User ID

The car performed well with the power though I really need to get the z32, injectors and nistune fitted and mapped for the next competition day. Along with some hardrace suspension arms and some adjustment to put the power down

Status
    User ID

Its been a while!!! lol. Hard to get time to work on my own car since I spend my time fixing everyone elses.
    Ive has the 180 on track a few times this year, just practice days to scratch the itch along with some streeto. Still havent got the 555 nismos, z32 and nistune into it yet for a map and some power gains, but hopefully will be done in the next few weeks or so!!
    Installed new suspension for the last track day in Feburary and the car was so so grippy it caught me out trying to keep up with big horsepower cars lol

A couple of dings but after all it is a drift car so these things are to be expected when driving hard. Plus it gave me the excuse to sort the cosmetic side of things...
    Everything straightened up ok, but the paint was quite tatty, ever since the car arrived to me from Japan it wasnt in the best of shape, rough enough in places having lost the lacquer from getting baked with the Japanese rising sun for so many years. So instead of doing a few panels here and there I decided to remove the kit for a full repaint.
    Another thing I wasnt 100% happy with was the height of the car, it was subtly styled with the kouki kit and I couldnt get it any lower due to the kit having no depth to it. Plus everyone seems to be going with kouki bumpers this year, time for a change!!

So I sourced a new body kit for it, and decided on a paint colour... eventually!! I spent way too much time looking at colours haha

This is how the car looks so far

Last edited by derekmcl05; 05-05-16 at 22:56.

Status
    User ID

The kit is a Uras front, Vertex sides and Hippo Sleek rear bumper. A mix up of the different styles I like, plus I shouldnt see another one with the same body kit!

Last edited by derekmcl05; 05-05-16 at 22:54.

Status
    User ID

The kit was fitted in an afternoon with not too much work with the help of Jordy and Chris, some minor trimming with a dremel got it 99% there. I was instantly happy with how the car was sitting height wise, I may even have to raise it a little at the front end for clearence issues.
    Also bought a set of Nismo LM-GTs that will be going on once the paintwork is complete.

Decided to go with a black roof and pillars instead of the same colour as the lower body, and also remove the kouki spoiler. So far we got the roof and pillars freshly coated along with a dmax roof spoiler.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by derekmcl05; 05-05-16 at 22:57.

Status
    User ID

Last edited by derekmcl05; 05-05-16 at 22:53.

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

awesome

Status
    User ID

Savage dude