Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: My R32 Gtst

Status
    User ID

very nice. white wheels look sweet against that silver

Status
    User ID

*Update*

I got the arches rolled on the rear so that sorted the rubbing issues i was facing on the back of the car, due to the car being a tad lower on the driver side than passenger side. (Not exactly sure why, has been the case with a few of my older cars as well. Iv heard this is due to a driver always being in the car and the parts get more wear.)

So anyway the tyre is catching on the front d/s, to combat this I picked up some aftermarket JIC Magic fixed camber arms, I believe these will pull the wheel in by -2 deg over the standard camber arms. I am hoping this will sort the rubbing issue on the front. If this does not work Ill have to go down the route of coil overs which is something that I don't really want to do.

Will be fitting them today hopefully so will let ye know how I get on! bt

Pics

di Member
    Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=scottr89;514401]*Update*

I got the arches rolled on the rear so that sorted the rubbing issues i was facing on the back of the car, due to the car being a tad lower on the driver side than passenger side. (Not exactly sure why, has been the case with a few of my older cars as well. Iv heard this is due to a driver always being in the car and the parts get more wear.)

So anyway the tyre is catching on the front d/s, to combat this I picked up some aftermarket JIC Magic fixed camber arms, I believe these will pull the wheel in by -2 deg over the standard camber arms. I am hoping this will sort the rubbing issue on the front. If this does not work Ill have to go down the route of coil overs which is something that I don't really want to do.

Pics

[URL=http://s246.photobucket.com/user/scottr89/media/IMG_3079_zpso7c6jmnu.jpg.html][/

Wheels look great man just as a matter of interest what is the width and offset of those wheels gettin a set of wheels for my 32 and cant really decide on offsets and that sort of thing

Status
    User ID

[QUOTE=ryan348;514438]
    Quote Originally Posted by scottr89 View Post
    *Update*

Pics

[URL=http://s246.photobucket.com/user/scottr89/media/IMG_3079_zpso7c6jmnu.jpg.html][/

Wheels look great man just as a matter of interest what is the width and offset of those wheels gettin a set of wheels for my 32 and cant really decide on offsets and that sort of thing
    Cheers man, they are 17 x 9 ET +15 I think, to be honest though I wouldnt recommend this size as I am having difficulty getting them to fit.

Anyways got round to fitting the camber arms this evening, driver side went straight on, passenger side took a bit more work as wouldn't line up for a bit.
    When I got them on I noticed there was a bit more camber than I had expected :happy)

Took the car for a spin aaaaaaaaand it hasn't fix the issue :wallbash)
    Well it kinda has in that its now no longer rubbing on the arch where it was before but the passenger side is now rubbing somewhere else. :wallbash)

I just can't seem to get these whees to fit my car :wallbash) :hmmm)
    Looks like I'm either going to have to sell the wheels or get coilovers :hmmm)

Anyway as always some pics.....

Old Vs New arm

In Place

Aaaaaaand Camber :happy)

Ill get some better photos up after the next clean bt

Status
    User ID

Hmmm what have I got to update you guys with? :hmmm)

So as you know I fitted the camber arms, the car now has crazy camber at the front which has made the tyres rub off the arches even more and I now need coilovers, can't sell the wheels because I like them to much!

The car went for its first NCT (Possibly since it came into the country in 2006). And to my surprise all it failed on was water inside in the rear lights and water in the front p/s indicator.

I couldn't be happier with the NCT results, just goes to show how well the car is looked after!

Managed to get a few snaps of the car in the centre even though its not allowed :ban:

I was going changing the front indicator anyway as the bracket holding it in place was broken and the indicator sequence was off. I got a replacement indicator & rear p/s reverse light off a member as my reverse light is a bit smashed. The indicator isn't in the best condition but will do to get me through the test!

I got the Indicator fitted anyway and the sequence has returned to normal and hopefully it will not retain water and pass the re-test.

Some Randomers

Aaaand also Have these 2 nice pieces to fit, will prob do so this weekend, came with the car when I bought it!

Aaaaand I cleaned up the GTR bonnet that I had picked up last night, I wasn't going to fit it to the car until I had the bumper and grill to go with it but I couldn't resist, please note that the bonnet is a different silver and will be getting painted!

P.S. I think It looks best with no bonnet :happy)

Status
    User ID

Car looks great

Status
    User ID

Did you have the front plate in the window for the NCT or stick it to the bumper?

Status
    User ID

Anyways heres the pics I took at the Squekyclean Cars & Coffee meet yesterday.
    I must say it was one of the best meets iv been too in a while, very well organised and the weather couldn't have been better!

Enjoy......

Status
    User ID

Status
    User ID

Sorry guys, been a while since I updated this.
    Not much progress, I decided that the Bride was not comfortable for daily use so it was sold and I replaced it with one of the Recaros left over from my DC5.
    I also removed the dildo knob and replaced it with a white Tegiwa knob.

I got this Apexi dump valve of Adam on here, works a treat bt

The car got treated to a well needed service

I also picked up a GTR grill and front & rear adjustable camber arms!
    The front ones I had bought we're not adjustable and there was too much of an angle, I got the new ones fitted and set the angle that I wanted.
    The old arms are now for sale, send me a pm if interested.

My new Arms...

How the car is looking now, I should have a GTR bumper soon!