Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
    Status
    User ID

Default BMW E36 M325TDS Drift Build

Further to me selling out my half of the previous TDS project (Click HERE), shane has decided to take up a new TDS project to continue from where I left off & keep the innuvation going within this new project & try out some of the other Idea's Ive had, while Daniel also continues my old project. That said, Most of the Engineering R&D will be now done within this project

on the way home from Newry with my 330cd "M3d" (Click HERE), We picked up a LHD 325td ... It could only be described as a Halfords Car Crash... with the amount of chrome, the horrible looking bumpers & other tack stuck onto it.. Its so bad I wont even dare upload a photo of it!

So, to introduce the coupe chassis we picked up in Donegal that came complete with Coilovers, M Bumpers, 18" MV2's & a new battery.. Sold CheapCheap mainly because the airflow meter was a bit fuckered & failed the NCT for a few bushings... we dont care! The engine was sold before we left donegal so that was even more of a plus.

We happened to be offered another Garrett GT2260V Turbo in swap for a Flywheel & Clutch kit for a 323i on the way home, so we picked that up the same night... On the last TDS Project this turbo proved itself to be the perfect choice so we're going with it again!

following day some good progress was made

windows out

arch templates... see where this is going..... M3 GTR

Templates made reality, Arch 1 0f 8 Done

di Member
    Status
    User ID

nice one iav wanted to build a tds coupe for ages now. u hardly have a 323 gearbox aswell
    up there

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by mike e30 View Post
    nice one iav wanted to build a tds coupe for ages now. u hardly have a 323 gearbox aswell
    up there
    I do...

di Member
    Status
    User ID

i pm,d u there man

Status
    User ID

Right, Time for an update on this
    Cutting out the front arches

Before

After

And fully Finished

And we got the front half of the cage done, all to meet FIA & IDC Specs

Status
    User ID

Time for an update on this
    Finished the cage, Painted it & the engine bay, then dropped the engine back in

Followed by the dash & wiring loom.... After loosing most of the wires on the transfer... Absolute bare minimum in the loom now. There was also a few adaptions for the accelerator pedal, dash, ect from the Donor car being Wrong Hand Drive to Right Hand Drive

Welded up the Diff from the donor car & replaced the back-end with the one from the Diesel... Oh yea, we washed it too :P

Then we brought both chassis in for painting on Easter Sunday, Toyota 040 Super White