Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thanks man!

Here is a video of my dad, who says SR's don't sound good?!

Last edited by Kane-Driftcommunity; 14-08-15 at 11:42.

Well its been a while since I have updated this.

So first of all hope everyone had a good Christmas and a Happy New Year

Since I last updated this i went to Driftland on 13th of September! My dad came over from Northern Ireland, the track is amazing and i cant wait to get back. Unfortunately my car had problems and wouldn't boost at all.. I was gutted about the car but finally sourced the problem down to a blocked CAT. Which is now gone! So i have boost again!! Didnt take many pictures at all or use my go pro as with no boost driving was terrible.

first run out on track was with Mark Web in his JZ RX7

So not much happened for a while apart from i have moved back to England, so now im leaving near Wolverhampton.

I hadn't been drifting since september so when i went home for christmas to see my parents my dad and i booked the track out three times only for a couple hours at a time but was great to be back sliding

new drift wheels looking good on the back prefer drifting on 17" more grip more control

My dad finally getting to grips with 3rd gear and boy does it shoot out some smoke!

These days weren't without issues, first day my exhaust decided it didnt want to be part of the car anymore.. Next track day the turbo gasket started blowing so bad i couldn't boost right. Turns out that the turbo was coming away from the manifold. So off came the turbo and i replaced the gasket and went drifting again Only had the GoPro out on the last day so made a little edit had so much fun!

And somthing even more exciting is that i know have thee full Kouki kit all i need is the JDM rear bumper which i will pick up next month. I am not going to fit it just yet, going to do a few more pratice days and then get the whole kit fitted in may time ready for summer

Status
    User ID

nice to see this still around, did you do much to the car at all in the meantime?

I suppose its now easier as well to attend a few practice days over in UK (even tho im not sure how close or far away it would be)

Click Project Thread
    Click HERE for my blog

Quote Originally Posted by lady89 View Post
    nice to see this still around, did you do much to the car at all in the meantime?

I suppose its now easier as well to attend a few practice days over in UK (even tho im not sure how close or far away it would be)
    Thanks, it will be about for sometime I hope With regards to the car it's still stage 2 and all did was maintain it no need for more power at the moment, a little bit extra lock would be nice tho.

This year I'm also racing karts, the season starts in April can't wait!
    Here is a small video of us messing around on our track in an old hanger in the drift karts getting my twinning practice in lol

Recently not much has been happening to the car, I had issues with my turbo gasket blowing them studs snapped in my manifold and just was a pain really.
    I bought a new exhaust which is a full 3" system just a cheap one but better than the restrictive standard one.

It was sitting far to low and was scrapping everywhere and as you can tell my car isn't low at all. I got a local guy to fix that for me as I was going to Santapod on the 30th.

Picked the car up and at first I was over the moon no blowouts sitting a lot higher and just felt great. The car sarted misfiring so I threw in a new set of plugs and that was sorted. Packed the car up and was ready for Pod. On the way the exhaust started dragging, I pulled over and it had fell off the back two rubbers hlding it up... I put the rubbers back on and continued to Santapod. When I got there it was off again, I popped it back on changed my wheels and went to drivers briefing.

I jumped in the car ready for the first run and it didn't go that well.. I was messy car felt to loose and as annoyed with myself. That was the trend for the whole morning.. Since Pod is a bumpy track after one lap my exhaust was hanging off every time I came in I put it back on and went out again.

The track closed for lunch. Up until this point I was running on my old standard 15" wheels, before the track opened again I swapped to my 17" drift wheels and what a transformation that made! Car felt great and I started to put down some decent runs that I was happy with Here are a few pictures and a video from the drift day.

[

Now to the bad news... after all the abuse all day and the drive home I heard a noise coming from the engine as I pulled up home..

And nope it's not getting swapped for RB SR or JZ she is staying CA! The mighty CA shall live again

I haven't updated this for a while due to the car being in Northern Ireland and me being in England.

There have been a few changes to the car since the last post and it should be ready in the next couple of weeks. I was weighing up the options of what to do with my blown engine. Replace it with another unknown condition engine. Rebuild my current engine to the way it was. Swap the CA for an SR (everybody says to SR swap) or rebuild the engine with forged parts and build my ideal s13.

Well needless to say i decided to build my ideal s13 or as close to it as possible. The biggest shock of all..... I stayed CA!

I started looking into what kind of power i wanted to run. I'm no pro and don't plan on competing unless it was for fun at this present time anyway. Looking for reliability and and engine that will allow me to get as much seat time as possible.
    I decided to go down the forged route and SPOOL performance do a forged rebuild kit for the CA so i went for that. I also got some tasty goodies for the turbo set up, A TRUST GReddy manifold, TRUST GReddy TD05-18G turbo and precision external wastegate. I will be getting the wastegate part of the manifold changed to v band so i will have less leaks/gasket problems. Tomei Poncams, APexi PFCU and hand controller for the CA18. GReddy timing belt, Nismo 600cc injectors and an ACT 6 puck clutch. Sorry for all the pictures!!

now onto the more exciting stuff!!

With the engine side sorted it was finally time to get my type X kit fitted! I have always loved this kit and my car finally having one of the best kits for a s13 i was over the moon!
    This was the car at the body shop

Picked up the car after it had been to the engine builder and got the engine removed as i had some work to do like cleaning the engine bay and putting all my adjustable arms in and my new lock kit

before the engine bay was cleaned

After i spent ages with a brush and degreaser haha

NEW LOCK! yes i know i dont need it but who could say no to a cheap set of Driftworks Geo's

That indicator fitment

Amazing the changes that can happen in a year

my new drift wheels too Works emotions 17x9.5

also everyone always likes to see pictures of my dads car in action

Status
    User ID

Best of luck with the rebuild. What power are you aiming for?

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin k View Post
    Best of luck with the rebuild. What power are you aiming for?
    Thanks man, I am hoping for 400hp