Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: E36 329i ;)

Status
    User ID

because of a few rust issues the red e36 has been put on hold and will be back even better than originally planned (will be a long term project designed to destroy tyres and sound great)
    this is the replacement , 323i with 102thousand miles, 325i manifold, 328i exhaust full leather service history polybush etc etc, but most importantly no rust

Status
    User ID

Well I haven't updated this in a while as my life has been busy with uni and what not , but my plans are finally coming together, I dropped my car to cab in super4 a little while back to put in Bc Coilovers , m3 Evo back end 6 speed box etc etc, but now my turbo build will be starting after after a few months of research,

bought a stud and nut kit off elite-d

I bought a 85mm .140 cometic head gasket and arp head studs from vacmotorsports great service as always

Got caught for €150 tax from the customs so not a happy camper. Next purchase will be a nice clutch disk and Miller war chip

Last edited by steve320; 13-06-15 at 11:45.

Status
    User ID

finally a bit of news, my turbo kit pieces are finally coming together,,
    just need some oil lines (with the resistor ) and to find the best place to put the water feed and how to make them

cxracing front mount intercooler (will have custom piping as I'm not happy with the welding on the pipes included in the kit)
    garrett gt35r (1.06) non wastegated turbo with v-band down pipe
    tial 38mm wastage with 1.0bar spring and screamer pipe(not the pink eBay in the photo)
    walbro 255 fuel pump (have been told it will be a pain to fit so looking forward to it)
    elite-devolpments cast manifold for rhd m5x engines
    miller war chip on way with siemens 60lb injectors

also heres a quick photo of my large case rear end before it was disassembled and cleaned up

Last edited by steve320; 09-09-15 at 11:50.

Status
    User ID

This will be savage dude. Do u have any figures to What you will get??

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by derek89 View Post
    This will be savage dude. Do u have any figures to What you will get??
    I'm copying a guy in the uk , he running near identical setup just his engine doesn't have vanos, he's got a proven 495hp at .8 bar and will be running 1.5 bar once he gets a better boost solenoid, but id bet happy with anything over 500 as we have shitty fuel here in ireland

Status
    User ID

got this little beauty in the post today , a miller war chip for an obd1 vanos engine with 60lb injectors a blow through map with grommet and cable for mapping , the final few peaces coming together nicely for this build

Status
    User ID

another little update today, i had purchased a Stewart high performance water pump, Fluidyne race aluminum radiator ,expansion tank, Samco black silicone hoses, Radiator Cap, Aluminum Thermostat Housing & Gaskets, 88c Thermostat , just need to get some quality coolant and it will be a full coolant refresh . project should be finishing up very soon , just oil/ water lines , clutch disk and mapping then i can finally finish this project ...for now

Status
    User ID

The final pieces of the turbo build have arrived , rally road.net turbo oil and water lines aswell as the final few nuts and bolts needed for the engine swap
    Just get the car back and the engine can go in

Clutch disk has arrived now just to be assembled clutchnet stage4 disk 240mm