Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Status
    User ID

Default Out with the old and in with the.... older? PS13

It feels like only yesterday I was putting a build up here for my 1JZ S15, after only 6 months of being on the road it suffered engine failure in the form of a knocking bottom end (Turns out it ran dry after an oil leak), with such a minor issue I would usually fix it and get on with things but the car was already costing me a lot of money and so many man hours of heartache that I decided to break it to buy something more reliable.

After deciding I wanted to go back to a 180sx again for the cheap thrills I hunted the auctions in Japan searching for something which matched my brief of Kouki Type X with tatty paint and some nice modifications, something I didn't have to do loads of work too and I could just jump in and go skidding, at this point I had not really got the money organised so I was only spectating.

Fast forward a month or two and I have much of the S15 away and in the bank. Browsing through one of the car sites I see this PS13 pop up, thinking it was out of my price range due to the fantastic spec I didn't bother to message the seller, but night after night I kept coming back to it and convincing myself I needed it. The seller did not really know much about the spec so the car was more than likely a trade in, he gave me the basics and I knew most of it by looking at the pictures. A few weeks of negotiation, more pictures/videos to make sure everything was correct and me gathering the extra money I finally managed to strike a deal with the seller today, paid for it this evening and now the 8 week begins before it arrives home.

Rough spec from what I have seen so far is as follows:

SR20 Redtop 380BHP
    Spitfire coilpacks
    Larger Injectors
    Apexi Power FC with hand commander
    HKS Turbo
    Aftermarket manifold
    FMIC
    Z32 AFM
    HKS EVC Boost controller
    Aftermarket coilovers
    Bride seat
    Aftermarket arms
    Aftermarket exhaust
    Apexi Boost gauge
    Engine Damper
    Some form of Diff
    Aero front bumper
    Chuki Sides
    Aero Rear
    Panasport G7's
    Aftermarket steering wheel
    Colour Change

A small update to keep those who are interested up to date, with only 3 weeks before the car comes I am started to get excited, even planning the trip to Dublin to collect it is fun lol

Some paperwork and parts started arriving from Japan.

Bought some OEM tail lights like such

and some OEM front indicators to replace the awful indicators

As mentioned above somewhere I would be changing the Panasports from it, I had first wanted to wait until it came in and sell them on and use the money to get something, however these came up and I couldn't refuse, so I shipped on my pair of CE28s and bought some mega spec TE37s in 18x10.5 ET22 and 18x9.5 ET22 flavor, super aggressive fit. They need a refurbish and some repair so I am not sure if they will 100% be able to stay bronze but here is hoping.

Just to give you all an idea of how wide these are, the one pictured is running a 315 tyre!!!!!

Status
    User ID

Well the car is finally in my possession after the what seemed like a forever wait, here is a little bit about our adventure:

Me and my friend Luke set off for Dublin yesterday after doing some things in Belfast, now after a heavy nights drinking on Saturday at IDC (cough cough [USER=720]@Cess[/USER] ) Dublin was the last place I wanted to be going on a Monday afternoon but it was for a good cause.

We arrived at the docks around 3pm to be greeted by what we thought was the broker from MCC (The people who clear the car via Customs) turns out his family owned the company and he was just helping out, we followed him around to an abandoned PS13 laying beside a huge ship in what seemed like a strange place, no other imports about, no other cars around it, straight away I noticed a big hit on the side where someone has obviously drove it into something, a broken side light and a rough looking wing, this obviously happened in one of the various shipping ports it was in, likely happened it Dublin as it seems they just dont care there.

This didnt worry me too much as I was more interested in the engine/set up of the car anyway, the guy from MCC brokers had a bit of a laugh as he proceeded to tell me how I had declared the car wrong and it was actually an S14 and how much he knew about performance cars, upon correcting him about the model he pretty much called me a liar which I found quite amusing and it took my thoughts of the damage. So I jumped inside and turned the key, flat as a pancake, lights had been left on, again poor work from the people on the boat. After some fannying about our friend from MCC arrives back with a booster pack, unfortunately after much turning it just didn't want to fire, pulled a plug, was getting spark, was also getting fuel, a little confused I made a couple of phone calls, played around with a few sensors for the Power FC, cleaned the plugs (they were minging) and plugged everything in the car back in, our mate from MCC had left at this point, so thanks to the nice Australian guy who worked on a boat which was docked for throwing me down some jump leads, with a few turns of the key and a splutter it fired into action and we were on our way.

Unknown to me at the time there doesnt seem to be any super unleaded in Dublin, I set off in search of anywhere which sold some, I didnt get very far from the docs until this happened:

Fuel line had sprung a leak, I could smell the fuel from inside her and quickly cut off and coasted into the bus lane, very lucky it didnt catch fire. After 15 minutes I had it fixed and managed to get 1 mile up the road before it properly burst, once again lucky to not catch fire. A bit stuck at this point, 170 miles from home I was desperate, I managed to get in contact with a gentleman called Jules Chambers (Chambers Performance) who came to my rescue, without even knowing me he drove an hour into Dublin with some fuel line, helped us fix it and got us on our way, the guy was a total legend.

Stuck some normal fuel in, took her easy up the road and managed to get some super in Newry where I took the first picture of it in its stinking glory.

Managed to get on down the road, at this point you couldn't wipe the smile off my face, the car was fantastic, I almost forgot it was 10pm and id been stuck in Dublin for hours due to the damn thing.

Went to work today totally wrecked, came home and decided to do a bit more digging to see what all it had, here are some pictures.

Aftermarket anti roll bar and aftermarket tension rods, also aftermarket tie rods behind.

Brand new coilovers

Weird under car chassis brace, goes along the sills.

Another brace inside

Random engine bay shot

Spitfire coilpacks

Fuel pressure regulator

Ghetto made pipe work with BOV

HPI manifold with what seems like a brand new HKS turbo

Power FC

Momo wheel

More chassis braces

Nice front end

So the next step was to remove the gammy clear lights all around, the back ones had been bonded in along with the bolts, obviously to stop water etc getting in.

Next up is a wash, fix the blowing out exhaust, make the brake lights work and get it MOT'd.

Drift day also coming up on the 10th.

More updates to come.

SuperFortress
    Status
    User ID

Looks awesome, best of luck with it, hopefully it's all good news from here on. I wasnt those Panasports so F'ing bad!!!!

Status
    User ID

Deadly~! id nearly think of doing it all over again with reading that!

Status
    User ID

Thats a very tasty PS13! I remember seeing it...think it was on yahoo auctions? Best of luck with it! Will be following this thread for sure!

Status
    User ID

sweet ca lad! jules is a legend he helped me with mine too, looking forward to more on this build.

Status
    User ID

No doubt it'll turn out as amazing as the rest of your projects. Best of luck with it. Nice base car

Status
    User ID

Looks savage dude. What's the plans for it??

Status
    User ID

Very nice car wheels will look good .. I've 17inch 9.5 on mine

Status
    User ID

Looks class. Very nice indeed.
    Aragosta coilovers are unreal too.. dearest coilover you can buy!