Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default 1JZ_Chris's JZX100

I imported my Tourer V Chaser last year. I was after something RWD and Turbo. Easy choice right, the Nissan R34 sedan. While looking at auctions I came across the Toyota Chaser, "damn" I thought to my self "what a fine looking beast." Looking at its stats and the fact it was so rare over here(things seem to have changed with Chasers and mark II cars coming in by the boat load this year) it made my decisions easy. Within 3 months from first deciding on importing it had arrived at Dublin port. What I was expecting to find and what I got were 2 different things.

In Japan, I had gotten a front lip and sideskirts fitted, But when it arrive in Dublin it was missing the sideskirts, front lip, rear spoiler, leather seat covers, spare wheel and jack, my rear seat belts where also cut to get the seat covers off, gutted would be an understatment. No one admitted liablity and the cargo had waited in many ports around Europe before reaching Dublin so it could have happened at any time. After a lot of time sending emails I eventually got only 500 euro in compensation.

in the boot I found some mud guards so made the car look standard again but I was really missing the aggressiveness of the factory aero.
    I ordered some crystal smoked corner indicators and a new rear spoiler to cover up those ugly holes, it rains alot in Ireland so did want the boot lid getting flooded.

Last edited by 1JZ_chris; 11-09-14 at 14:05.

So the car sat like this for a few weeks while I waited for my parts to arrive and get it registered, Car did need to pass a NCT but it flew trough that, the tester even said the car was like brand new underneath and the suspension and brake lines were perfect, I was really happy to hear this and its like all the pain of importing the car just faded away as I put the foot down hard on the drive home.

The crystal corners arrived so installed them, liked the more modern look with them on. Also noticed some peeling on the top of the headlight, must sort that out too.

Last edited by 1JZ_chris; 11-09-14 at 14:06.

Status
    User ID

sweet car i always loved chasers shit luck on those bits gettin robbed a good excuse to buy some awesome bits now

Rear spoiler on now also, starting to look better. Put some LED lights in for the parking lights and got the car alarmed.

Drivers side mirror motor seems to be damaged, I tried opening it up to see if it was something simple, but some of the teeth are damaged so will just disconnect the power to it as it would constantly click. I love the car, it drives so well, its on lowering springs all round which suits a daily driver more so than coilovers which tend to be stiff but with the lowering springs there is no bodyroll what so ever and the car feels very light and nimble.

Cheers, yeah it was shit at the time, when you wait that long for a car to arrive and then you find it like that.

Timing Belt and waterpump arrived, Got a full 100k service done also with Toyota pink coolant.

I have been looking for sideskirts to start me off, very hard to get at a decent price, a lip kit from Japan was going to cost me 500 Euro just for postage. I eventually found a set of Vertex ones from Malaysia for 200 quid.

Unfortunately I got a message from the seller in Malaysia, he said the truck carrying the sideskirts was in a collision and the skirts were damaged so he sent me a refund.

Same day as this I was rear ended while waiting at a red light, I had collected my son from school and was heading to the shops. Then bang! My car is pushed a few feet. The other car starts moving so I jump out in front of it and direct him to the side of the road. He is a really old man and said he didnt know what happened. I got his insurance details, lucky the external damage was not too bad, a few scraps and a dent near the rear wheel arch. My rear left wheel is what felt the impact. Under the car the Shock absorbers were leaking and the camber arm was bent so when I was driving it was pulling to the side. Lucky Toyota seem to be able to get most parts. I ordered the camber arm and am hoping to order the shocks tomorrow. The guys insurance eventually agreed to pay out for the rear shocks and body damage. Things are tough money wise so I wet sanded up the damage as much as I could and ordered 2nd hand shocks from Japan.

Last edited by 1JZ_chris; 11-09-14 at 14:10.

While the car is out of action I decided to order a TR front bumper, I also want to save money so am painting it at home.

Then fitted it to the car. Its a big improvement already but I will need s2 fog lights as the s1 fogs are too big. Also badly need side skirts.

Last edited by 1JZ_chris; 27-10-14 at 03:32.

di Member
    Status
    User ID

I have a set of tr side skirts here if your interested dude

Sure, that would be great. You are in Cork right? I will see if any of my mates might be heading that way. Sure pm me your number.

Status
    User ID

Jesus man youve had so bad luck. Fine car and will great fully kitted.