Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Status
    User ID

Your luck should be about to change because you've surely used up all the bad by now. lol

There's a good difference in the car since you got it anyway, fair play.

You got the same front bumper I did, EP racing one? You can't really notice the damage on the back now, and most aftermarket back bumpers will cover it anyway if you get one of those.

You can get adjustable arms for the rear quite cheaply now if you wanted to go that route, or you can use my standard arms for a while if you're stuck as they're just in the shed gathering dust. I have standard shocks there too if you want them.

Oh, and where did you get the timing belt and water pump? I should really do mine after having the car 6 years.

My JZX100 from grandad mobile to drift toy thread.
    --->>>>http://www.driftireland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121

I should have contacted you sooner greg, I ordered the control arm from Toyota Ireland and have replaced it now so the car is back on the road. I ordered a full set of standard shocks from Japan which should be arriving any day now, I found my timing belt/waterpump kit on Yahoo auctions, I think it was €180 delivered. I got Tom in Titan autoworks to get it to me, I also got a brand new D-max roof spoiler from Jesse Streeter, best part of it is it only took 3 working days to arrive, I got it yesterday.

Last edited by 1JZ_chris; 27-10-14 at 03:32.

Status
    User ID

Lovely stuff. I went with a Vanquish rear spoiler as its not as big as the DMAX one. Hurry up and get it on. ��

Waiting for primer to dry as I type.

So I finally got a pair of sideskirts thanks to conrod on here, still need to paint them and think which way to install,

On the way down to Cork the car done great on petrol, only used a quarter tank down, on the way back I was over taking a focus when I heard a bang under the car and then a constant scrapping sound, I pulled into one of those rest spots on the M8 and had a look under the car, the undertray had come loose and was scrapping the ground, I would say this is because I changed my front bumper so the tray had no support. I drove back to Dublin like this and got it off once I got home.

There is now a low scrapping sound which I think are the wheel arch liners but when I check they seem fine, there is plenty of clearance and I even pushed them ford a bit by bending in the metal brackets, this sound is annoying, I will get under the car tomorrow and hope I see something.

I also picked up this gen 7 Celica wheel, shame its not a TRD wheel but its better than the one currently on my S1 Chaser, needs a refurb hence the cover.

Last edited by 1JZ_chris; 11-09-14 at 14:17.

Status
    User ID

My under tray and arch liners did the exact same thing. Lol They're in a bin somewhere now.

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

that interior cool car mate it will be worth it all in the end

Sig pic removed (size) - Admin

team ball bag

Small update, roof spoiler.

Also, that scrapping sound was not the arches but was my brakes trying to work with no pads left. I have ordered IS200 front disc and pads from micks garage so hope they work.

Last edited by 1JZ_chris; 11-09-14 at 14:17.

I changed the front discs and pads today, It was down to bare metal and was eating into the brake discs. I had recently changed some body parts and had rubbing from the arch liners, when I fixed that problem I could still hear what sounded line arch rubbing but it was my brakes. So I left the car in work and as I was off today I decided to go in and change out the worn brakes. Glad I brought this metal bar, I 100% could not had done the job without it.

Its shocking how bad the pads were, here is a comparison with the new pad.

The job was easy but there were 2 caliper bolts that did not want to move, I eventually got a few tools inter connected and used the metal bar from before which got them loose, I had intended to use cable ties to suspended the caliper fro the control arm but the thing is heavy so instead I rested it on an extra jack I had brought with me.
    The car drives fine now.

Last edited by 1JZ_chris; 11-09-14 at 14:16.

Got the side skirts on, Just need to find time to clean the damn car. Next on the list is install the Celica steering wheel and try and get some Series 2 LED Tail lights, Think I also need lower profile tyres. Then the search for a rear bumper is on.