Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Status
    User ID

Went at this for an hour today, checked fuel pump relay, wasn't coming in, I swapped ecu's, still nothing, so I've some wiring issue there. I bypassed the fuel pump relay and still nothing, checked voltage both sides of the pump and I had 12v on both sides so I reckon I've an earthing issue there,
    wired pump directly to battery, turned engine over and it fired, YYUUPP!
    Still have to adjust fuel pressure and a few other bits but its running anyway.

How does the ecu control the fuel pump relay? does it provide 12v or a ground to the relay?

Status
    User ID

Sorted the wiring on this, was just a couple of wires needed grounding, starts on the key now
    Props gone off for shortening, gearbox and diff oil are due today, just need to get brakes sorted and boost controller fitted and shes off for respray then. Anyone have brakes for me??

Status
    User ID

Have spec r calipers there in Longford if you want them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Status
    User ID

Brakes arrived today, R33 GTST front and rear, freshing them up at the minute,

Status
    User ID

Cleaned down the calipers back to metal and resprayed them, fitted them along with new HEL braided lined,

Just need to make up a new brake pipe that goes along under the car, bleed the systema and do a bit of adjusting on the drum set up and thats the brakes fineto.

Also picked up a Matt Lewis braided clutch line and fitted it, removing the damper in the process, bolted up the slave and bled the system, done a bit of adjusting at the pedal to get it working properly and i happy with the feel of it now I think

Status
    User ID

Nothings really to update on this, car been sitting in panel beaters yard waiting on respray last 3 months with nothing done, good things come to people who wait and all that.

anyway, pick this up in meantime

Status
    User ID

Car gone in for respray after a 4 month long wait

Cant wait to get stuck back into her.

SuperFortress
    Status
    User ID

Nice project this, I know all to well the feeling of a project that takes a long time. It will definitely be worth it though from the looks of things

Status
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Hachi View Post
    Nice project this, I know all to well the feeling of a project that takes a long time. It will definitely be worth it though from the looks of things
    Cheers man, hopefully now, still a long way to go yet.

So last week sent r33 wheels off for powder coating, picked them up this week, delighted with them, metallic finish is unbelievable,

Picture does no justice to them.

Buttttttt,

While these were getting powder coated what is, in my opinion, the perfect wheel for a 180 came up for sale and I could not pass up the chance to have them, so Tuesday morning I picked these up.

Enkei Rpf1's, 17x9 et22 all round, there like new, no marks, delighted with them, so these will be going on the car,
    In 2 minds what to do with the gtr wheels, intend to own an r32 at some stage so i'll either keep em for down the line or sell them.

Status
    User ID

So got a call yesterday from the panel beater to say that the car way ready, so hopped into the van and had a look,
    I'd heard good things about the man, so I was expecting a good job and thats what I got, paint looks like what you would see on a new car and the kit and panels look like factory fitted,
    Expensive job but you get what you pay for. Delighted with it.

Picked it up today and brought to its home for the winter,
    I had a look around at a few sheds to rent for the few months but there was nothing suitable, either too small way too expensive or looked like the wolf from the 3 little pigs would knock them down.
    Settled on a bay in the slatted shed at home,
    Going to get a few of them gym mats to make a floor or half my tools will end up in the underground tank, and some sort of cover.

Looking at it today made me realise how much work is involved in finishing this,
    Gonna make up a list of what needs to be done or I'll just be jumping from one job to another.

Brakes are up first anyway. Calipers are sticking so I'll have to rebuild them.