Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
    di Member
    Status
    User ID

Default Irish Drift Championship Round 2 - Livestream Test Event Footage

At IDC Round 2 we had planned to test our livestream but not go live. At the event we made the last minute decision to broadcast the event, a first for the Irish series. Unexpectedly thousands tuned in from 43 countries to watch the best of Ireland duel it out. Due to this being a test, our system was not fully operational (HD, multiple mics, scoreboards etc.) but for those of you who missed the event here is the raw footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOBwGI1Pb4g

From my point of view it was a 110% success for your first attempt!! Little to no freezing only d odd time, cameras good and clear! Just When You Let The Odd shout/Roar When Commentating THE Speakers Do Nearly Blow ! Lol another success by you dave

Status
    User ID

ya i gave it a watch from work , was really impressed, was leaps and bounds ahead of formula d !!

played perfect for me , but the connection is good anyways at work tho .

Status
    User ID

watched brians run on my phone haha! great success dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Deco84 View Post
    Ah man what am I doin on Driftireland full a pills at 9 o clock in the mornin fml

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Worked great volume was a bit up and down. Couldn't hear any crowd noise when introducing drivers but crowds can be a bit quite anyways. Great to watch it when I couldn't get down.

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Some mics down by the stands may help with a crowd noise and cheers etc, then again the crowd needs to be making noise for that too.

All in all, it was a big leap for drifting in Ireland. It should massively help with sponsors and attracting people to the events in the long term, so a great move in that respect.

Status
    User ID
    Blog Entries

The crowd were cheering and all that but you couldn't hear them at all on the stream. Would be cool to get sound from the cameras too. I think that if people know they're gonna be heard on the live stream they'll be more vocal. I think it's only a matter of time before people swallow their pride and just let loose in the crowd at drift events.

Status
    User ID

Watched it from here in Dubai. Great success thoroughly enjoyed it, another vote here for maybe trying to get a mic near the crowd as it would really add to the atmosphere!IDC is developing at a savage rate. great to see!