Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook
Register
    di Member
    Status
    User ID

Default Wiring a Double Din DVD/CD Player into a MarkII JZX100 or a Chaser? Help!

Any Man, Woman or Beast on here know how or ever tried and successfully suceeded in getting it to work?
    I've been Googling and researching almost all the forums I can possibly think of and have had no success...

I believe its alot harder to wire it up compared to any other car!

Anyone have any ideas on what connectors I may need or how to hardwire it in..!

I am having an out-of-money experience!

Status
    User ID

The stereo gets it power from the amp under the passo seat, and the speaker wires are under there, so you can take all your inputs from there. Although you lose the use of your amp as it's a mad system. Also the way the speakers are wired up, they have to be all connected for them to work. I just junked the standard amp and stereo and use an aftermarket amp with an aux input for tunes. I have a heap of pictures somewhere, I'll try find them and pm you.

My JZX100 from grandad mobile to drift toy thread.
    --->>>>http://www.driftireland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121

di Member
    Status
    User ID

Cheers Greg, just need something for the journey to Fermoy the weekend!

Status
    User ID

I got my jzx100,no radio in it,but the 2 block connectors were there in the dash, also read on the net they were hard to wire and this and that,Im not good at wiring,know enough to stay away,so drove over to halfords,chanced my arm and got the harness for a toyota off the shelf and plug and play.. That might help

Also if ordering online there is a Metra Harness you can get which allows you to connect up to the factory amp and makes the install a piece of cake. Its Metra 70-8112. It has 4 RCA jacks so make sure your head unit supports RCA. It was a 5 minute install of a Halfords JVC double din into my Chaser. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002BEUBW/...W&linkCode=asn

di Member
    Status
    User ID

For anyone who is interested, I strongly suggest using the Metra connector that's linked above.. Job made 10 times easier..

Status
    User ID

i just orderd one of them! hopefully it will work with lexus too! worth a try for the money sure!